1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voter Fraud Is a Proven Election Manipulation Tactic

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/i...m_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Heritage+Hotsheet

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Without a voter ID law, the system is wide open and virtually defenseless against fraud. I worked as a poll worker (in Kentucky) for several years. Our system recognized two or three different kinds of ID: Driver's license, photo ID, even a poll worker's affirmation that they are who they say they are. In addition, one could obtain a voter ID card at the courthouse when they register (at no charge).

This simple rule has made it difficult for anybody to game the system in Kentucky.

Of course, if you have dishonest poll workers, all bets are off. But the people I worked with were good citizen volunteers, and quite conscientious about their work.

To allege that requiring an ID is too big a burden is ridiculous. If they can't buy beer without it, why should they vote without it? Or drive.

Isn't it curious that those who want to eliminate such requirement are Democrats? Hmmmm.

#2 Tom Butler, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  3. mandym

mandym New Member

Did you mean without a voter ID law?

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I did, and thanks for spotting that. I have corrected to make it make sense.