1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

W. Morgan Patterson deceased

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Joseph M. Smith, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Baptist historians everywhere will take note of the passing of Morgan Patterson, one of the most precise and scholarly of their number. He was my major professor at Southern Seminary, and I had the privilege of grading for him during my senior year.

Dr. Patterson taught in lists ... five reasons for this, ten characteristics of that, and most famously, the myriad reasons why Baptist Successionism is historically untenable. If he got to, let's say, point number five on a given day, the next lecture would begin, "Number six ..."

Went on to make major contributions in the leadership of Georgetown College and Golden Gate Seminary.

http://www.abpnews.com/content/view/5901/53/

2. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I am sorry to hear the news about Morgan Patterson. Although an alumni of Georgetown College, I graduated several years prior to Patterson serving at Georgetown.

Thank you for the post.

...Bob