1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waite's taking of examples from Scrivener

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Logos1560, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would appreciate some input from those who hold a KJV-only view and others about what you think that Waite's first sentence in his response to the statement about Scrivener means. I take
    this sentence literally to mean what it says. I want to be as fair to him as possible and check and see if I am understanding his sentence in the way that those who hold a KJV-only view understand it.

In his book entitled CENTRAL SEMINARY REFUTED ON BIBLE VERSIONS, D. A. Waite quoted the following statement from a book published by Central Seminary: "Scrivener lists several changes that have taken place in the KJV over the years"
    (p. 78).

Waite then responded with the following comments:

"I take these same examples in my study, THE KJV 1611 COMPARED TO THE PRESENT KJV. I list not only consecutively from Genesis to Revelation in the back, but also alphabetically the words which were changed. Also I list the words that have a substance change." (p. 78) He then listed
    some examples of changes.