1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Want Veggies with your Skewed Polls?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 27, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. billreber

billreber New Member

National Polls

I have known for many years that you can get the results you want to get out of "national polls". It is all in HOW you word the questions. That is, if you are in favor of a subject, you will ask your question in such a way that "positive on the subject" will occur more than "negative on the subject". Then you report that more people are in favor of your favored subject than there are opposed to your favored subject. Ironically, your biased poll and report will be accepted (and quoted!) as a valid poll by anyone who agrees with you!

There are very few polls (if any -- I know of none) that I will trust.

And by the way, the only "presidential poll" that will count is the one on election day at the election polls!

Bill :godisgood:

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

People are often afraid to tell truth when polled. When asked if they support same sex marriage in a poll, the majority will say yes because they are afraid of being perceived a bigot. But when they go to the polls and vote in secret, the majority vote against it.

I believe this issue has been put on the ballot in 32 states, and in all 32 states folks have voted against same sex marriage. Same sex marriage has not won even once at the ballot box.

Here in Connecticut we have same sex marriage, but it was forced on the state by the courts, not by vote.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Are Correct, but Sadly Wrong....

....you make a great point about the states that voted on the issue and how all the votes were against this kind of marriage. HOWEVER, like your state, the California Supreme Court tossed out the will on the people in favor of mutual gender marriage.

This was a sad day in this state, and for the will among the people. I can't help but believe that our financial problems may be a form of judgment on our government's sins. IMHO.