1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War and Serfdom: Is This The World We Really Want to Live In?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 25, 2011.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm raising three sons in a world that I don't want them to live in. A world of hate, deception, war, injustice, and serfdom. A world that seems out of our control to change. If given a choice, who would want to live in that world?

Yet, we try to live the change that we want to see. We don't have TV, we homeschool our boys, and we've opted out of the system as much as possible. We eat healthy, don't use dangerous household chemicals, and shop almost exclusively at the local level. We grow food, keep chickens, recycle, and live as simply and independently as feasible. And we've taught our children that the principles of peace and love carry more weight than patriotism or any other manufactured beliefs.

But sometimes personal change doesn't seem to be good enough to counteract a powerful establishment intent on having more war and more power.

CONTINUE . . .

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Interesting article, well written. The power of life and death are in our mouths and God gave it to us. Now is the matter of what master we serve. American democracy, it's laws and constitution, and how we conduct business as a country is opposite of the Kingdom. But so many are fooled by Satan that some put our system above the Word. We may be in fact mystery Babylon.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

it's a new world out there

As we sink into a neo-serfdom, an industrial serfdom in which most people are bound to the multinational economy instead of bound to the land, people like the author must learn to keep their "world view" to themselves and go with the flow. I would rather see my grandkids go to Canada than be drafted into the army.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm gonna ditto Poncho!!!!

PONCHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SISCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!