1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War crimes? Really?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Jan 16, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

>These marines are heathens and act as heathens act-no more and no less.

That's the snottiest post I have read in a long time.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free-
    This would be an excellent time to share your US Army 201 / 2A with us?

You are absolutely right! And that must be the reason I was promoted to Staff Sgt in the US Army and then retired as a Sgt First Class in the NY Guard. (+ I have been First Sgt and acting CSM)

#22 Salty, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Last time I checked, "denial" meant denying something happened; "excuse" meant a justification or explanation for something that happened. The two are not considered synonyms for each other. One denies it happened; the other acknowledges it happened and explains/justifies it. Basic english grammar.

4. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend. Please do not take me out of context. Perhaps you should ask me to be clearer rather than jump to your own conclusions.

This was a response to:

Alluding to the fact that americans soldiers act or should act better than their enemy in war time. We are all men and still sinners (no more and no less). It shouldn't come as no surprise when heathens on both sides commit such acts.

#24 Christos doulos, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

And you want a standing ovation for that!?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Standard English language is your excuse is a denial.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously?

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'd be more than happy to give him one. One of my favorite times of the year is when the church gets to give our nation's defenders a standing ovation.

I ASKED people to share their experience and stated I especially wanted to hear from people who have served. The opinions of those who have been in the Armed Services holds more weight for me on this matter, though I still am interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

When you bash someone and infer they can't get these right, they have a right to defend themselves and point out something they did. In this case, he did that AND confirmed his status as pertains to my question.

Don't be hatin' on him. You may need a taxi one day and he has the power to take the long route without telling you. :laugh: You know how EXPENSIVE those NYC cabs are?!

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I think your understanding of hate is a little skewed. Stand all you want as I am sure it will puff him up even more.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

>Alluding to the fact that americans soldiers act or should act better than their enemy in war time. We are all men and still sinners (no more and no less). It shouldn't come as no surprise when heathens on both sides commit such acts.

To me, the post read as if you were saying that non-Christians were less civilized because they were not Christians. If that was not the intent then I miss read it.

WE signed the Geneva Convention as did Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan.

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/WebSign?ReadForm&id=375&ps=P

11. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend that is your interpretation.

We are all human and still sinners. We all succumb to the same stress, frustration and anger (no more and no less) more so during a war-seeing friends die etc...

Imo if you want to accuse these men of a wrong doing; I have no quarrel, but to demonize them (I didn't say you were) as the world is doing is illogical. It shouldn't come as no surprise when heathens on both sides commit such acts

What standard are they held by? The Geneva convention? In WW2 both sides were dropping bombs on civilians

#31 Christos doulos, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Gina for that vote of confidence (and for the record we have not always agreed on others issues)

I agree with you 100% when you said:
    Code:
    those who have been in the Armed Services holds more weight
     for me on this matter
    It is interesting, I read an article by Jessica Lynn this am in Newsweek and she asked not to be called a hero. Likewise, please do not call me a hero- all I did was serve my country, something of which I am very proud of.

BTW, Gina - when you come to the Salt City - you will get a free taxi ride out to the Great NY State Fair :thumbsup:

AND FREE - you forgot to share your DA 201/2A with us- Hmmmmmm?

BPED and ETS would be a nice start!
    and you could give your final DOR

#32 Salty, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't share what he doesn't have.

14. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you saying that he doesn't have a right to an opinion or to express said opinion unless he has military service? Just want to get it on record.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't have the right to express the opinions he's expressed, when they've been shown to be incorrect by multiple others.

16. mandym

mandym New Member

I am sorry but in this country you have the right to be as wrong as you want as loudly as you want.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're correct; poor choice of words on my part, and thanks for pointing that out.

To answer J.D. - when one expresses an opinion as fact, but is subsequently shown by others that his/her opinion is incorrect and not factual; yet he/she continues to espouse that opinion as fact...as mandy pointed out, they have the right to loudly proclaim their ignorance as much as they want. And we would normally treat this as we're instructed in Proverbs 26:4.

The rest of us have a duty and obligation to ensure that everyone else hears the truth of the matter, and aren't hoodwinked by uninformed opinion loudly proclaimed as fact. And this would be in line with the instruction in Proverbs 26:5.

18. mandym

mandym New Member

I see. :godisgood:

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Nothing has been forgotten. I am busy erecting a statue in your image to be worshiped. I will let you know when it is finished so you can come and bow down also.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Free would make a great politician - always avoiding the issue