1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War is the Enemy of Freedom

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rufus_1611, Mar 23, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which, of course, means you can't prove it so you cover up you inability to do so with jokes.

It doesn't seem to matter that this slur has never been proven, which means you are spreading malicious gossip, but it's OK since your target is a man you hate.

Have you forgotten Who you are supposed to represent?

It's really sad.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

What is really sad is that you Carpro are just as culpable of doing what you have accused Poncho of doing.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me the malicious gossip that I have been spreading.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Prove that Poncho is spreading Malicious gossip. You have accused him of doing so without evidence

#24 Petra-O IX, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Poncho, do you really hate Bush. Carpro is saying that you do and I just can't find any evidence that you have said such a thing.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I swore an oath to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and that is exactly what I'm doing!

Have you forgotten what you are supposed to be defending?

#26 poncho, Mar 24, 2007
  7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Poncho, You have to be more forgiving towards Carpro. Carpro is only doing what he usually does when no one will agree with him.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I edited my last post it now reads...
    The question to Carpro still stands.

P.S. Being forgiving doesn't mean I have to listen to neo-neocons shilling for their "unitary decidership" without trying to expose their contempt for our country and it's civil constitution.

" A nation can survive it's fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor...He speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.

He rots the soul of a nation...he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city...he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to feared." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

#28 poncho, Mar 24, 2007
  9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been done.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm doing what I usually do on the politics forum, defending the President against malicious and unsubstantiated gossip.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you'll have to explain why you and poncho spread unproven and malicious gossip about the man. I can't think of anything but hate that would drive that sort of viciousness.

12. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Then state your evidence , show me where Poncho has said that he hates George Bush. So far all you have proven is a big fat 0.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should try reading this very thread.:rolleyes:

A variation: You can lead a Bush hater to the truth, but they can't put aside their hate long enough to see it.

14. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Show me where Poncho has said that he hates George Bush. Dodge the issue all you want Carpro but you have proven my point and you are just as culpable as what you accuse Poncho of doing.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Translation: Being complicit in the systematic destruction of the U.S. Constitution and the United States Of America. Cuz it makes me feel all powerfull, and stuff.

Your word alone isn't going to be enough "proof" this time ole chum. Climb off yer soapbox and make with the facts already.

16. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Is it really a secret that Poncho has nothing but distaste for this president? He calls him a traitor (without benefit of fact, all the while arguing that charges against him need to be proven by quoting him ... how double standardish). He routinely calls him a liar and attributes nefarious schemes to him.

I wouldn't think Poncho would run from that. I am not sure why he appears to be running from it now. If you don't like the guy (and you don't) don't hide behind "You gotta quote my exact words." If it's true, then it's true. Don't hide.

17. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Pastor Larry , hasn't this thread been de-railed enough? Why do you want to continue talking about something that isn't even about the topic of the original post?

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I was actually thinking that when I saw the last couple of pages but I figured that ship had already sailed.

I actually have no interest in talking about it. I don't think what I said is disputable in the least. I just found it humorous.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Larry, I've given you and everyone else here the benefit of many many facts. You know that and you also know that they are no less fact just because you and a small group of others mistakenly percieve yourselves of having the sole power to discredit any facts or persons you do not like by ignoring, distorting and trying to keep people steered clear of them. What are you hiding pastor?

I would think it would be about time you started playing straight cards with everyone you being a pastor an all and start giving the people the real truth instead hiding behind all these meaningless lengthy speeches railing against it.

Whatever you said here has been thoroughly debunked before your fingers even hit the keyboard.

#39 poncho, Mar 24, 2007
  20. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    O.K., my bad. I quess by me merely saying something about it made me look somewhat hypocritical since more than half this thread has been about other things than the original topic including some of my posts.