1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War on Terror?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Craigbythesea, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Is the War on Terror a game that the politicians are playing with us, or is it real?

2. Bro. Ruben

Bro. Ruben New Member

Both.

That's how I see it in spite I'm not an American.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The war on terror is real. It is not a game. Ask families of the 3000 people who died on 9-11. Ask the families of those who have died in Iraq. (2200+ Americans). The United States did not seek a fight. I believe we were minding our own business. Anything that stops this again, I am all for it. Thank God there are people who can figure how to battle this who have a lot more brains than me.

If there was one thing that should have been done different, maybe it is the concept. In the 60s, we had the war on drugs, the war on poverty, etc... The results from wars on abstract concepts are not really successful. Maybe a better idea would have been to declare war on every nation involved in the 9-11 attacks or any other terror attacks (yes including Iraq) as the US Constitution provides. Then, on 9-12, these countries could have been glass parking lots. Voila, no more terror, no problem. Its the only thing these people understand.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==It certainly is a real war. However I do believe that politicians are playing games with it. [​IMG]

Martin.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I'd say both but I'd still like to know what really happened on 9/11. Is the U.S. really so weak that we couldn't scramble fighters to intercept those hijacked aircraft that we attacking our two most important cities? I still don't believe that we are.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't know that it was a matter of being weak or strong. I think it was just a matter of being totally unprepared.

Martin.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were no nations involved in the 9/11/2001 attacks. The nation that had any indirect involvement was Afghanistan as it gave refuge to al Qaeda.

The invasion of Iraq was a mistake. I am sorry that I and millions of other Americans allowed the Bush administration to talk us into supporting it(LINK). We need to have most of our troops out of Iraq by the end of 2006 and the remainder out of Iraq by the end of 2007.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree we need to get out. We are bogged down. Win and withdraw. As for nations not involved in 9-11, if you were a citizen from there, nuc them. A Saudi glass parking lot.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if an American citizen commits an act of terrorism in Russia, then you will advocate that Russia nuke the United States, eh?

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==The War is a War on Terror, not just a war against those guilty of 9/11. That has been made clear by this administration, and others, from the start. Many people, however, seem to either ignore or forget that fact.

==The war was not a mistake, how it has been carried out is wrong. The administration did not have a post-Saddam plan. Sooner or later we were going back to Iraq. It was only a matter of "when" not "if". When Bush was elected and 9/11 occured the Iraq war was on.

==Nice "pie in the sky" theory but it lacks reality. What happens when we pack up and move out? Does the term massacre mean anything? Because that is what will happen. Millions of Iraqi's innocent citizens (women, children included) will be massacred by the terrorists. They will be killed because they helped/supported the US (education, etc) and because they don't go along with the terrorists version of an Islamic state. Look at the horrors of Afghanistan and pre-war Iraq then multiply that times ten and you will have Iraq after we pull out. No, pulling out would be IMMORAL. We started this we are morally required to finish it. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. We were man enough to get ourselves into this and we now must be man enough to see it through. Period. It will not be easy, it will not be cheap, it will not be short, and we will lose many fine soilders. However we started this and we must now finish it. Keep in mind that Iraqis are human beings too.

Martin.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enough families of soldiers have suffered because of the mistakes of the Bush administration. We need to leave Iraq totally by the end of 2007 - and I think that the American people will demand that we do so.

Perhaps the Democrats winning control of the Congress this November will force Mr. Bush's hand, if necessary.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Since when did two mistakes equal a right? What about the families of Iraq? What about the men and women who just want to raise their children in a safe country where they can go to school and grow up to be something? What about them? What about the massacre that they suffer when we just pull out (as you suggest)? What about them? Are we to forget them? We pulled them into this and we must help them through it. Period. Anything less would be immoral. Period. ________________________________________

==Popular opinion does not determine morality. It would be immoral to start this and then not finish it.

==Well many of the democrats, at the national level, promote the immoral and sinful acts of homosexuality and abortion so I don't see how they would have any understanding of morality anyway. Of course there are several major exceptions to this. I am speaking in general terms. Pulling out now would result in massacres and millions dead. That would be immoral, sinful, and wrong.

Martin.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Try seeing it right after they fly planes into your buildings.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about the our fellow countrymen and women serving in the military who just want to come home and see their children - period; who want to grow old with the wife of their youth? What about them? How much more do they have to suffer for Mr. Bush's error in judgment?

15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Enough families of soldiers have suffered because of the mistakes of the Bush administration. We need to leave Iraq totally by the end of 2007 - and I think that the American people will demand that we do so.

Perhaps the Democrats winning control of the Congress this November will force Mr. Bush's hand, if necessary.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm an American and quite proud of President Bush for being man enough to take the initiative to not back out while the iron is hot.

A calling home of our troops would be the same mistake made in 1972 by the "venerable" Nixon caving in to the demands of the very ones who tied his arms from doing what needed to be done.

Iraq as a democratic nation needs our support to cause those in the region how to rethink in terms of freedom instead of the chaos the nations of islamic influence have know for centuries.

Once one tastes of freedom, they want nothing to do with tyranny anylonger.

16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Who signed up to be in the military? Who volunteered to go fight in this nation's wars? This is their job. This is what they do. Like David they are warriors and sometimes warriors fall in the line of duty. That is sad, tragic, and shows how rare war should be. They knew what they were getting into when they signed the dotted line. They were signing up to fight wars. Otherwise there would be no military.

Now I am talking about people who did not sign up for anything. I am talking about women and children, and men, who just want to live their lives. We invaded their country (right or wrong, we invaded), we messed up the post-Saddam period, we pulled them into this. They did not sign up. It would be unfair, and SINFUL , to pull out early and then allow them to suffer massacres.

I guess that is easy to ignore when politics is the name of the game, right? Well I don't play political games. I am about what is right and what is wrong. I don't care who the president is pulling out early is wrong.

Martin.

17. Salamander

Salamander New Member

What about the our fellow countrymen and women serving in the military who just want to come home and see their children - period; who want to grow old with the wife of their youth? What about them? How much more do they have to suffer for Mr. Bush's error in judgment? </font>[/QUOTE]How is it an "error in judgement" to free people from tyranny?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Place a limit on the spilling of American blood in that support.

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Place a limit on the spilling of American blood in that support. </font>[/QUOTE]As soon as you place a limit of the shedding of Christ's Blood for sinners.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, to defend our constitution, our country.

"America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." - John Quincy Adams