1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War vet rips Democrats for banning 'global war on terror'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

A Texas congressman and decorated combat veteran is denouncing House Democrats who want to eliminate the phrase "global war on terrorism" from their legislative dictionaries. Democrats on the House Armed Services Committee reportedly want to ban that wording from the 2008 defense budget because they believe the phrase coined by President Bush is too broad.

U.S. Congressman Sam Johnson (R-Texas), who was a prisoner of war in Hanoi for seven years during the Vietnam War, says it is "crazy" for anyone to think the war on terror is not a global fight. "I think it's kind of ridiculous," he asserts. "The House Democratic leaders, especially, have been pushing for a withdrawal timetable from Iraq; and now they're saying there's not really a war over there. I just don't believe it."

LINK

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What is ridiculous is having a war against a tactic or a "weapon of choice".

"I don’t think I would have called it the war on terror. I don’t mean to be critical of those who have. Certainly, I have used the phrase frequently. Why do I say that? Because the word ‘war’ conjures up World War II more than it does the Cold War. It creates a level of expectation of victory and an ending within 30 or 60 minutes of a soap opera. It isn’t going to happen that way. Furthermore, it is not a ‘war on terror.’ Terror is a weapon of choice for extremists who are trying to destabilize regimes and (through) a small group of clerics, impose their dark vision on all the people they can control. So ‘war on terror’ is a problem for me.'" - Donald Rumsfield (Source: Townhall.com)​

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To democrats the war on terrorism is all about politics, power and semantics.

Thousands more Americans will have to die here at home as a result of terrorist acts:tear: to even stand a chance of changing the minds and outlooks of democrat appeasers. Even then, some will say it's all our fault and advocate surrender.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Congressman Johnson says few people are aware that House Democrats inserted a restriction into their pork-laden war funding bill that requires U.S. forces to get the approval of Congress and to wait 15 days before responding militarily to a terrorist attack launched against them outside of Iraq."

He's right!!!!!

I didn't know. We are staring at the pinnacle of stupidity in this democrat sponsored legislation. This one just floors me.:BangHead:

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll bet my bottomest dollar when that happens they're gon' be quick to say they've always said there's a terrorist threat to the mainland and why the dickens didn't someone do something about it ? Why are the terrorists blowing themselves up right here in American soil, and why are there IED's exploding killing Americans ?

I hate politics. I really do.:BangHead: