1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warning: 'Antichrist' movie tricking Christians

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TheBibleSender, Mar 26, 2009.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Warning: 'Antichrist' movie tricking Christians
    Historian: Believers throwing away real Jesus with pagan bathwater
    Posted: March 25, 2009
    10:05 pm Eastern
    By Joe Kovacs
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

An online movie documenting the close ties between ancient pagan religions and today's Christianity is "antichrist" in nature, destroying the faith of believers by combining some astonishing truth with plenty of error.
    That's the claim of a Christian historian and author who, ironically, has himself been educating the public about the impact heathen sun worship has had on traditional Christianity.
    Richard Rives, author of "Time is the Ally of Deceit" and "Too Long in the Sun," is sounding the alarm about "Zeitgeist," a 2007 documentary written and narrated by Peter Joseph, a freelance film editor, composer and producer in New York City.
    read the entire article here http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=92903

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Is it Christians who are being deceived, or is it "Christians" (pretenders)? Matt. 24:24 says: "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE. We have the Holy Spirit within us Who will keep us from being deceived by lies. The ones who are deceived are the ones who are PRETENDING to be Christians--like my dad did. Many of the pretenders ARE the anti-Christs that God's word warned us about.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Thank you "TheBibleSender" for this alert.
    I've seen the film and I agree that it is anti-Christian, anti-Bible, anti-truth, anti-faith..... it is undone in making an attack upon the Word of God and the foundation of faith. It takes the Bible and makes false comparisons between pagan religions to make them all sound like they come from the same source and were designed by man. I'm saying this much here hoping to settle any curiousity. There is much evil and deception and doubt which may arise from seeing this film: I know of no degree of maturity in the faith, nor knowledge of Bible and history nor of expertise in the comparison study of other religions....fact and fiction..... to assure one of safety from falling into the heresies within this film.

This is not a film to watch.

There are some things that as Christians, we should avoid altogether........or at least be forewarned.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

While I appreciate what I think you are saying.....

There is a maturing in the exercise of our faith which the new believer may not have, but it is no guarantee that we are resistant to attack.....particularly if we've been forwarned of the danger but pursue a dangerous or forebidden path anyway..... for any reason.... but if forbidden and forwarned.... our motives to pursue may come from pride, self-willed, rebellion...... which open us up to attack. Sin of any kind, particularly recognized but unrepentant sin, opens the Christian up to attacks from the enemy..... even the solidity in our experience of faith.

I think of the sower with the seed... some fell on good ground, some did not. But for seed to grow it must take root and receive water and nourishment, a young seedling is easily attacked and vunerable to the elements but it must survive to grow. The good farmer does everything he can to protect his crop from failure.... but the hardest and most intensive job is at the first til the young plants get established and have some strength in themselves to resist the unpredictable elements. So it is a duty for us to warn others .......not knowing who are strong.... and who may still be weak. And even 'the strong' are not so much as they may think... if they venture into areas where God has sent warnings.

God bless!

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree, the Holy Spirit keeps and protects God's people. Any who fall away were never christians.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Richard Rives gives an excellant 3 part video response to this film (found in a video lower third of page located in the OP link) and makes valid points regarding the acceptance of religious traditions generally now accepted by Christianity and taught or observed as though they are fact.... which have nothing to do with the Bible or the practices of the early church, or the real Jesus:

The tradition of December 25th....... Bible doesn't state and theologians who know better still lead us to accept this date as the celebration of Jesus' birth.

The tradition of Sunday for worship..... the very first Christians were jewish and continued to worship on the Sabbath in their synagoges..... the fourth commandment teaches the sabbath as a day apart from any other..... Christians continued their fellowship throughout the week, beginning with the first day.... not as the establishment of first day worship.

Jesus was crucified at passover........ not Easter.

The Bible is historically accurate.

-------------------------------------
    The movie 'zeitgeist' uses the pagan origins of these traditions and selected portions of pagan mythologies..... which are not as consistant as Josephs selectively presents.... to pursuade that the God and Jesus of the Bible are not what we've been taught: While he may deny that this is intended as an attack on Christianity or Biblically based faith... he does nothing to present the truth of the Bible.
    ---------
    And one thing which Rives doesn't mention in his 3 part presentation.... but I think is worth noting.....
    The Bible is prophetically accurate. The Book of Daniel is one of the clearest documentations of prophecy which is historically accurate and can be proved..... even though there are some parts that are yet to be fulfilled.