1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Christ Ignorant of OSAS?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, May 16, 2010.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I want everyone to carefully read this above quote from HP.....

Read it closely......

Does anyone see the oxymoron in it?

However.....

HP believes and thinks his standing is certain because......

...and by doing this HP believes and thinks that he will not be found deceived. But according to his philosophy the very thing he believes and thinks about his own salvation is uncertain for he could be one of those deceived that he speaks of.

Conclusion, which is eactly what satan wants, is for those to believe as HP stated here and live as one who cannot be 100% sure God will accept them according to their deeds and works of the law. The blood of Christ might not work for you. It is not of grace but of YOU.

The sad result of not understanding faith alone and eternal life through regeneration.

#61 steaver, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If this is true then please answer this hypothetical:

If you were to stand before God right now, and He were to ask you:
    "Why should I allow you into my heaven?"

What would your answer be?

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

DHK, you have been reading too many St Peter jokes.:)

Seriously, hypothetical questions seldom elicit well reasoned answers, and that for good reason. God will not judge anyone based on their reasons, but rather on whether or not they have remained obedient to the faith. He knows us better than we know ourselves. This I know, it will not be the one that has the best reasons, but rather, who has clean hands and a pure heart.
    Ps 24:3 ¶ Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
    4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
    5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Could be deceived....

No reason we have to be deceived.....

Are you confused HP?

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

No I am not confused. Nothing forces us to end up deceived, but the possibility exists we could be.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, you did not say anything about being "forced".

You said one could be deceived in one breath and then one does not have to be deceived in the next.

Part of being deceived is not KNOWING you have been deceived.

So by your own philosophy you cannot have any sure certainty that you have not been deceived.

Your "hope" is that you have not been deceived.

My "hope" is in the person of Jesus Christ and His works, not mine.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If you think that my hope is not in the blood of Jesus Christ you are deceived. That by no means negates the obligation, commanded by God, for me to repent, exercise faith, and continue to the end in obedience, without which I am but harboring a deceived notion as to my final standing before Him.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well you said anyone, this would include yourself, could be deceived.

Then you say one does not have to be deceived.

Well how would you know until the final judgment if you were deceived or not?

According to your philosophy one cannot know with certainty, yet you then say one can be certain.

It is an oxymoron statement.

9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not what Jesus taught.....They will by no means follow a stranger,if fact they will run away because they do not recognise a strangers voice. This contradicts your belief.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have answered wrong, and according to the Scriptures a person would not be able to enter into heaven based on that answer.
    Furthermore, it was a serious question, albeit hypothetical, and had nothing to do with jokes. To take lightly one's salvation is not a joking matter. Do you think that eternity is a joking matter? Seriously?

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it very interesting that you insist that you're not counting on saved by your obedience to the law, and then cite a verse that says that those who are obedient to the law will be saved.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do I get a serious answer or not HP?
    Still waiting.

13. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Good job breaking it down steaver! To believe you can loose salvation leads to confusion.......and we know God is not the author of that.

#73 Jedi Knight, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  14. Mississippi John

Blood don't erase........I hope.

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I have personally witnessed the confusion OSAS breeds first hand. I am sure that anyone that has been around OSAS preaching very long has witnessed the following testimony. Have you ever heard a testimony by one in long good standing with an assembly testify after a hard hitting message to repentance that goes something like this: “ I have been a Sunday School teacher for almost twenty years, and discovered today I was not saved.”

Now the real problem is that they have once had a clear testimony of salvation but have came under condemnation for one reason or another. There is no way they can testify in such groups that they have backslid and were on their way to hell, so the only thing they can testify is that they have never been saved.

What are they to do next time they fall into sin again and know full well within their soul that they are not right with God??

What confusion OSAS breeds among the people of God. I say there is no security in eternal security unless it is coupled with a conscience void of offense. The only true security is the peace of God that only comes when the conscience is clear before God and man. Eternal security is but deceiving suave over the blinded eyes of any whose conscience is not void of offense between God and between man. Faith always is coupled with a clear conscience if it is a faith that saves.

16. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the OP - HP mentiones the Matt 18 story Christ tells about "full forgiveness" being revoked.

And the OSAS group responds by ducking,dancing,and-dodging around the text in a way that never actually quotes it and shows their OSAS tradition to survive the text.

Surely someone in the OSAS group can actually deal with the texts listed in the OP. Anyone? Or is the solution "supposed to be" - to just tell HP he has lost his salvation if he dares to bring up the points raised in those texts?

inquiring minds want to know.

in Christ,

Bob

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So easy to judge, and to condemn. You are judge, jury and executioner all at once.
    First, the person may be one who did not for some reason understand correctly the gospel.
    Second, the person may never have been convicted of the Holy Spirit. It may simply have been a profession of the mind.
    Third, the person may have simply gone through the motions because someone else wanted them to do it--social pressure. Many children and teens are like this.
    It is the Word + the Holy Spirit that is needed in order to be saved, not just going through the motions.

Falling into sin never caused anyone to lose their salvation in the first place. You are deceived. It seems that you lack understanding in the doctrine of soteriology.
    The Bible doesn't teach that. The Bible teaches that salvation is all of God. We are kept by HIS power, not our own. To think that we can keep salvation by OUR power is ludicrous. It is Christ that saves; not we that save ourselves by our works.
    Where does peace come from?
    "Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God.
    Peace comes from being justified by faith and faith alone.
    Is your conscience always void of offense between yourself and others.
    Every time you make a false accusation on this board, like calling either Steaver of me a Calvinist, you do not have a conscience void of offense, for you have just lied.
    It is the kettle calling pot black.
    Take care of your own backyard first.

Salvation is all of God. It is by grace alone; by faith alone; in Christ alone.

#77 DHK, May 17, 2010
  18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

It's a straw man argument! The Bible is clear that there are tares and there is wheat. And God is able to give assurance to His own and not be confused of being decieved.

19. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Still - having someone "Actually" address the texts that HP raised in the OP - ending with the special focus on Matt 18 and "Forgiveness revoked", Matt 5:29-30, Matt 6:15, Matt 18:would be a bit more compelling by way of a substantive response to the subject itself.

in Christ,

Bob

#79 BobRyan, May 17, 2010
  20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

He also said was Christ ingnorant.....is that a way to open a topic?