1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Elijah wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, May 27, 2011.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What a blessing!

Isn't it a breath of fresh air to agree.

Let me share this with you, Skan.

I am not your enemy. I know you know this. But I wonder if you know that I know it.

I am not.

I am passionate about these issues. I get frustrated and respond that way sometimes. But I do not hate all "non-cals".

Sunday night my church hosted an interdenominational 5th Sunday night fellowship where we celebrated the things we hold most dear which we hold in common.

There were Presbyterians, Methodists, Anglicans and other Baptists there. We had a wonderful time.

I preached on the attributes of God found in Romans 11:36 (eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent and goodness).

Just wanted to share that.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I know we aren't enemies. :) That is why I really try not to get personal. I suspect that besides the minor difference regarding soteriology we have much in common. I enjoy a good debate as I know you do, but we have to consciously choose to look for the good in each other as brother's in Christ. I think if we do that we can be friends who really challenge each other to think outside our boxes rather than become arch enemies. ;)

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Was Jesus wrong when he called the Pharisees and Scribes hypocrites, vipers, other names and even said they were of their father the devil?

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

We've all heard of the Imprecatory Psalms.
    David's prayers

Psalm 58:6 Oh God,break their teeth in their mouths.

Psalm 109:9 May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

Psalm 137:9 How blessed will be the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

There are a bunch of them.