1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was I judgmental, condemning and overly harsh?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Are you going to spam every thread with this silliness?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Are you going to continue to deny the truth with your silly beliefs?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Lord does give to his people gifted writers in certain areas, so why avail ourselves of them?

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If they agree with the bible I don't need them. If they do not I don't want them.
    The bible has all the answers for the man of God so why not read it, believe it, and apply it and not waste all that money?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    2 Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we would NOT be even able to learn from those who had been given insights intot he principles of the bible, and how to apply them?

Reading nothing from say a John Stott, JI packer etc?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What do you feel that the bible lacks for your life with Christ?

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have nothing to say, don't say it and waste others' time here on the BB.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't the same be said about pastors and churches?

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No it cannot. The church and its teachers are given with the purpose of the church coming together to learn. That is how God set it up. However He did not say to read a lot of opinions//books that say way more then the bible says.
    You can pick just about any topic and find a book on that topic and it will have more information then the bible even begins to give. Just stick to the bible and don't compromise what it says, you will save a lot of money as well as be protected from a myriad of false teachings. I will ask you the same question I asked another. What do you feel the bible is lacking so that keeping you from become a mature Christ like follower of the Lord?

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Let me ask you a question-

Why are you here at the BB then? If the Bible has everything you need then by that same logic you don't need to be here.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If someone can by scripture show me an error I will seek to correct that error. I assume that all Christians feel that way. However if they are using opinions like authors do that have no biblical support I will not be convinced. I assume that you are aware of the multitudes of teachings out there even within the same denomination not to mention crossing denomination lines.
    I can walk into any church and know if the guy is preaching the truth or not by simply knowing the bible. If a person is wrought with books outside the bible they are likely to believe what ever they are told like the person who is tossed to and fro. We are flooded today with books that claim to have the information we need, yet the church in all its seeking of these books seems to be worse off. The bible speaks of this;
    Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    These people just cannot accept what the bible says so they look to others learning but never learning truth.
    So let me ask you. If a person only had the bible and no other media could they become a mature godly person? If so then why waste our money on lots of books. Just read the bible and obey it.

#31 freeatlast, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how do we obey it, if we do not avail ourselves of useful tools to study it by/with?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So let me ask you again. If a person only had the bible and no other media could they become a mature godly person? If so then why waste our money on lots of books. Just read the bible and obey it.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why either/or? if you have the funds, please avail yourself of good study tools!

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So let me ask you again. If a person only had the bible and no other media could they become a mature godly person?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, but do you hold they could reach a state of sinless perfection?

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Again if you mean by sinless perfection to stop sinning, YES! God is not tempting us to impossibilities and then disciplining, scolding, or convicting us for not making it. Goodness man what kind of God do you follow?
    You did not answer my question. If a person only had the bible and no other media could they become a mature godly person?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, but they would NEVER attain sinless perfection!

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you mean not sin, how do you know since some already have? How long does it take to be without sinning to be without sin?

20. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My follow up….

I find no evidence that I was judgmental in this post. However remember then when dealing with people with a self-fulfillment worldview, anything said that does not bring them gratification they will interpret as a negative.