1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was Isaac Watts a Pre-Trib-Dispensationalist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, May 5, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Most non dispensationalists on this BB think you are unfair!

I don't intend to flatter Darby any more than I would flatter Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Ellen G. White, Mary Baker Eddy, or Charles Taze Russell! But people should know the origin of their doctrine!

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your additional, but also slanderous details, simply take away from your position. They do you more harm than good. Try to attack the position, not the person.

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a non dispensationalist and I think he is very patient to a fault. Of course, we expect that kind of mercy from the regenerate, so it is not too surprising.

God bless.

4. OldRegular

Your concern for Darby is curious seeing you claim to know little about him and that you do not follow his teaching. Your concern for me is beyond curious!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not a concern for Darby. When those posters go out of their way to post ridiculous things about Ellen G. White in the Other Christian Den. Forum, which aren't true, I would do the same thing. It is a fact that Darby did not receive "new revelation" by falling off his horse and convalescing at someone's home. He was orthodox in his beliefs not to claim such a ridiculous thing. Give him that much credit. There is no need to go out of your way to slander a person.
    His belief is different. It is a different opinion. We all don't have the same viewpoint. It does not good to call each other heretics.
    By doing so, and then your continually calling my "a darbyite," you are simply calling me a heretic. I have denied both. But the rant continues.

6. OldRegular

Well Spurgeon says he was heretical in his beliefs concerning the atonement!

DHK I don't believe I have used the term darbyite in reference to you lately. I may have in the past as you have called me a Calvinist in the past.

#46 OldRegular, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  7. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "So believe what you will about me DHK, I don't really care. I have let the attempted insults of the Rapture Ready people roll of my back since I have been a Christian in a sea of Rapture Ready folks. Those on this Forum who attempt to insult me are childish by comparison! "

I'm hoping that the bolded language was merely a poor choice of wording, because it certainly infers (to me, anyway) that you think those holding to a pre-trip rapture are not Christians. I've not seen that in your other posts, and so assume that is not your view.

8. OldRegular

No that is not what I meant at all. Some of the finest Christians I know are among the Rapture Ready folks. Some of their doctrine is simply wrong.