1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was it "terrorism"or merely a criminal act?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, Poncho, I'm not. I'm judging islam by its tenets and doctrines; I'm judging its followers by whether they actually follow those tenets or not. Same as we judge fellow "Christians" by whether they actually follow Christianity or not.

The only reason I jumped into this was to debate the statement "Spending time with Muslims does not make one an expert on Islam." To which you've explained with your statement "I have never said that all the people who to use your word "ascribe" to Islam are the same." Spending time with muslims makes one more of an expert than, say, a reporter who goes over, does a 30-second sound bite, then gets back on the plane -- and the reason it makes one more of an expert, is because you see how people actually think, feel, and live islam.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay so what are the tenets of Islam that you are judging these people by?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not what I was here to discuss, Poncho. We both agree that not all muslims are true to islam. I can leave it at that.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Is that your way of admitting you don't really know the tenets of Islam you are judging these people by Don?

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon and I have probably never agreed on much, if anything at all, but regarding the Islamation of the world ... he is right on. And once BB is finshed writing a book in response to my views, maybe he'll pick up a copy of the book by Warner and get edu-mu-cated to the truth behind moderate Islam.

They could care less about Jesus, or those who hold to a faith in Him. They would gladly kill us all, as we are the "Great Satan" and to view any religion, other than Islam, in a different light is worthy of beheading.

Thanks Rippon. And as I look around, the sky is still in place, and my roof has not fallen in on me.

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, first and foremost BB, I am not a Baptist, but rather a born again believer to happens to be a Baptist. If beholding to your liberal views of passive views is part of being a Baptist, then I'll gladly turn in my ordination.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope. Can't have terrorism this close to Queen HiLIARy's coronation. The same lying idiots who said Benghazi was a spontaneous reaction to a YouTube video will also cover up any other terrorist attacks leading up to an election.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cute rhetorical move. You are insinuating that I'm not the same.

I have no idea what you are trying to write, but you threw in the dreaded "liberal" accusation, so I assume you don't intend for it to be positive.

Religious liberty for all people is a fundamental part of being a Baptist (see this, this, this, this, and this for starters). If you don't agree with what you read, you should contact the church who ordained you and make arrangements to be stricken from the records as a Baptist minister, since you do not hold to Baptist convictions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Religious liberty for all people may be a fundamental part of being a Baptist but it isn't a fundamental part of being a Muslim. Christ said love your neighbor, Muhammad said rob your neighbor, rape his wife and enslave his children.

See the difference? There is no "golden rule" in Islam.

WARNING: Stefan Molynuex occasionally uses "adult language" in his videos.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did contact them, but they laughed when I shared with them your comments as to why I was not worthy of holding my credentials and ordination. Thank God they don't hold to your narrowminded views, plus they agreed, born again was essential and foremost to my position as a pastor in their denomination. I guess they disagree with your views too. ;)

11. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too many Baptists nowadays seem to want to deny religious liberty, which is one of the unique contributions of Baptists.

We are not known especially for deep theology or liturgy. The real Baptist distinctives, from a historical standpoint, are a local church made up of converted believers, religious liberty and baptism by immersion. (You can find what are commonly considered distinctives in other sects.) Baptists were among the first to call for religious liberty, which was a (dangerous) novelty for a couple of centuries.

In America it was Baptists, north and south, who stood up for religious liberty and influenced the Founders to enshrine it in the Constitution. I guess they were just idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Now we seem to want to be all PC nice and submit to Sharia law like Europe is doing. go figure.

13. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you always wear yourself out jumping to conclusions and making false accusations?

Wait. Of course you do.

For the record, I would oppose Sharia law just as I would oppose the imposition of Roman Catholic canon law or Orthodox Jewish law (which is actually practiced in parts of the United States, BTW) or Southern Baptist law.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No I observe, study, observe, study, observe some more and then challenge you to go on YouTube and draw Muhammad and his 9 year old wife to prove you haven't already submitted to Sharia law. ;)

15. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, thanks. I have enough real things to worry about without adding imaginary ones.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I knew you were going say something like that . . . ;)

17. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you did. And I knew you would say something like that. That's the typical conspiracy lover mindset.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I knew you were going to say that before you said it. Look at my last post again, :)

19. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I knew you were going to say that before you said it.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And I knew you going to say that before you even thought it . . . ;)

I imagine now you're thinking . . . "Islamophobe, racist, hater, bigot", right? Am I right? :Laugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.