1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Judas ever saved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Kay, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Ummm...to fill up a somewhat boring day?

2. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I would think that the disciples would have done as Jesus commanded, and He did tell them to go and heal the sick, raise the dead, etc.

From Matthew 10:
    7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons.

We also have the "72" coming back and remarking on the miracles they have performed.

From Luke 10:
    17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

So, unless the 72 are lying, and the 12 simply ignored Jesus' command. We do have them working miracles.

Les

3. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Jesus called Peter a devil too. Is he lost?

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Oh, okay. I'm down wit dat, dude. ;)

5. standingfirminChrist

They did not say the demons submit, but rather 'Even the devils are
    subject...'

There is a difference.

Jesus went on to say that the disciples were not to be happy that the spirits are subject to you...

Where is the miracle recorded?

6. standingfirminChrist

BZZZZZTTTTTT. Wrong

Jesus did not call Peter a devil. He was speaking to that force that had Peter say the words he did... not Peter himself.

A devil cannot be blessed. God does not give his blessings to devils. Peter was called blessed by Jesus.

7. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Scary. Do you have my house bugged or something? How do you know my study patterns and time in study on this subject? I have thouroughly studied this out. I have also taught it in schools of learning.

Judas was the son of perdition and Peter was Satan. Tell me what makes one worse than the other. Or do you stand behind your attemot of theology by placing Peter with the unbelievers also?

8. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Well SFIC if you want to assume that the 12 disobeyed a direct command from Jesus to go out and heal, etc. I guess I will just have to accept that there are (at least) two opinons on that point.

At least we did get two recantations out of this thread anyway - lol.

It helped my humility a good bit, I reckon. I am really proud of how humble I am now. :)

Les

9. standingfirminChrist

Apparently you have not studied it out enough. As to teaching it in schools of learning, they also teach false doctrines in other so-called schools of learning.

Peter was not satan. Judas was not saved. Get over it.

10. standingfirminChrist

There is no record that they performed miracles until after Christ's ascension.

11. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

All the Calvinists of the world have been conducting continuing surveilance on Arminians since the days of the Remonstrants. It's a global conspiracy actually.

:smilewinkgrin:

12. Accountable

Accountable New Member

????????? So you are not fundamental? You choose when to take something literal and when it doesn't fit your taste you spiritualize it.

Sorry, no go. Jesus said to Peter, Get behind me Satan. (Sorry for writing devil. I was thinking too fast!)
    Noforce mentioned, just plain old Peter.

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

This is absolutely UNTRUE. Oh, and webdog, stop picking your nose. It's unsanitary.

14. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Something interesting about the way SFIC thinks. Since it doesn't say it in certain words, he will not accept the verses. You know, I wonder if there were any in the first church like SFIC? If so, they wouldn't have believed the virgin birth of Christ because Paul dosen't say anything about it.

15. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Where is your evidence, from scripture, that Jesus was speaking to Satan and not to Peter on that specific occasion? I don't believe there is a passage that states that.

My understanding is that Jesus was calling Peter Satan because Peter was tempting Jesus as Satan had done.

Les

16. standingfirminChrist

Accountable,

If you indeed are teaching such false doctrines as Peter being satan, you truly need to study the Word of God further.

Because of the closeness he felt to Christ, Peter could not humanly accept the fact that Christ would have to die. Satan seized on Peter’s emotional tendencies and influenced him to rebuke Christ as he did. Christ recognized Satan’s influence.

It was not Peter Christ was calling satan. Christ was speaking to satan himself.

17. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Maybe I'll take your aproach to theology....... The Bible doesn't say that Mary, the mother of Jesus died. Maybe these catholics are correct... maybe she is popping up everywhere and talking to folks...... maybe she lives in a retirement home in West Palm Beach Florida. Come on. I'm not going to "take your word for it." Prove to me he was not saved.
    To you believe in repentace after one commits sin? Or does God not accept repentance from all who believe?
    By the way, you still haven't proven to me that Jesus was not speaking to Peter IN THE SAME WAY that he spoke to Judas.

18. Accountable

Accountable New Member

I'm starting to believe it!:laugh: :laugh:

19. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Your starting to get somewhere, maybe. But then again maybe not.
    Again I state that Jesus spoke to Peter THE SAME WAY He spoke to Judas.
    You may choose to ignore this but it is still there.

20. lbaker

lbaker New Member

You are doing an awful lot of reading between the lines to come up with that.

I don't think Jesus meant that Peter was literally Satan, or possessed by Satan. It was more like when my wife gets tired of me being ornery and calls me an "old devil" sometimes, except under much more serious circumstances. Jesus was calling Peter Satan to point out how he was being a stumbling block and acting like Satan.

Les

#40 lbaker, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.