1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Mother Teresa actually sort of a jerk?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know...is a jerk someone who pulls babies out of dumps that were left to die there?

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I think they used her to take a swipe at the RCC for having so much money but not doing a lot with it for the poor we're she was. I do recall she said something about not knowing if there is a God.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to look at who is criticizing her.

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Sad But True

To call Mother Teresa a JERK is reprehensible by ANY standard. It is sad but true that inspite of her apparent life's history of commendable good deeds and good will, IF she died trusting in her reliance upon the Roman Catholic system of sacraments, works, papal edicts, praying to statues (idolatry) and worship of Mary (even though they deny they are "worshipping" her) INSTEAD OF being saved by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ at Calvary (plus or minus nothing) as the Bible plainly teaches...then she sadly passed from this life and awoke in Hell. That is a tragedy ANYTIME it happens. It is also just as tragic that because she was trusting in such a deceptive system of works and SELF-DENIAL that she uselessly denied herself EVEN the good things of THIS LIFE that she could have rightly enjoyed. In some respects it would be accurate to say that she passed from one version of "hell" right into the real one. As I said...TRAGIC.....and the Satan probably laughed about it.:tear:

Bro.Greg:saint:

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Thanks Bro Greg.....that was spot on!