1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Murtha "swift boated"?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Not_hard_to_find, Nov 14, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm kinda curious how Murtha miscalculated so badly. It's hard to miscount "eyeball to eyeball" committments.:confused:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15737141

Congressman Jack Murtha. Thank you Mr. Murtha for coming here and nowhere else.

So let’s get to questions that everybody wants answered. First of all, it’s a secret ballot tomorrow, right?

REP. JOHN MURTHA (D), PENNSYLVANIA: Right.

MATTHEWS: Are you going to win?

MURTHA: We’re going to win, we’ve got the votes.

MATTHEWS: You’ve got them?

MURTHA: We’ve got the votes.

MATTHEWS: Eyeball to eyeball, you’ve got them?

MURTHA: Eyeball to eyeball.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Come on: it's a simple yes/no question......

So, the answer is "no?" Okay, that's good. In other words, he did not accept a bribe. That is to say, he was not guilty of taking money from the undercover agents.

Murtha isn't perfect, and nobody has claimed otherwise. But once again, we are watching someone attacked with innuendo about something that didn't happen. Regardless of how it was said, Murtha refused the bribe. Murtha served honorably in the armed forces. Again, he isn't perfect, but he actually served: he is not a chicken hawk like some in the political arena. I have seen and heard things said about him that were utterly and completely out of line, the apex of which was Ann Coulter's comment about fragging.
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200606220013
    (Just in case you want to hear her comments about the statement - click on the audio link on this page)

I will be thanking God for your safe, quick, uneventful flight.... or flights, depending upon how many connections you may have.

Lucky for me, I got to stay over for a Saturday in Atlantic City, New Jersey (no gambling for me though). I fly back to Richmond tomorrow.

Be safe, and have a great weekend,
    BiR

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Perhaps his miscalculation was believing Pelosi? The alternative would be to believe he spoke directly to each House voter and received an affirmative -- in which case it would appear they lied.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Perhaps Loaded Question is a better, more accurate term:

#44 Daisy, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2006
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or Murtha did.

Interesting...