1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was peter Teaching isreal To Be Blessed In Futire in Acts 3?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Aug 15, 2014.

1. beameup

beameup Member

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    2 Thes 2:3-4
    The FALSE CHRIST will have supernatural powers and would deceive the elect if possible (Body of Christ will have been "evacuated").

There seems to be a bit of "human logic" conjecture concerning the plans of God in regards to His People, the Israelis.
    Human "logic" will fail you everytime. God has a plan and purpose for Israel and He WILL accomplish it.
    Obviously, some are being misled from truth by their "human logic". The Time of Jacob's Trouble is yet future.

PS: The Temple Institute has already created the implements for the Third Temple, made all the Priest's garments, and TRAINED the Cohen.
    Perhaps Jews are just good at keeping track of their geneology and use genetic testing?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He wouldn't. If I implied that I didn't mean to.:tonofbricks:

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am very sorry; I understood your post as implying GOD would not reinstitute a system Jesus Christ died to replace.

4. beameup

beameup Member

"The Twelve" continued to observe Mosaic Law concerning the Temple, which included circumcision and dedication of newborns.
    Paul even made a specific vow and offered the proper offering in the Temple in Jerusalem.
    The High Priest went into the Holy of Holies on Yom Kippur to offer up the Sin Offering for the Nation of Israel.
    This is the offering that Christ made for the sins of his people and also for the sins of the whole world.
    Most of the Temple rituals are still applicable and will be resumed when the Third Temple is reestablished.

Acts 21:26
    Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple,
    to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

The Temple could easily be rebuilt very rapidly since all preparations have already been made and are in place.

#44 beameup, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would be memorials unto what Jesus did as the sacrifical lamb of God, correct?

6. OldRegular

No not correct! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

What's more it is nonsense to believe that the useless sacrifice of animals will be reinstituted whether memorial or not. The Roman Catholics insist that the Eucharist is only a memorial but if the bread and wine are the blood of Jesus Christ then it is a new sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Perhaps some former RC can correct me if I am wrong!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible states that all the nations will be gathered to jerusalem to worship the king/Messiah at that time, and those rituals would be pointing towards him as their fulfillment!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Our resident Catholic defined it this way:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2139683&postcount=4

Being a former Catholic I disagree with him.
    I responded:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2140067&postcount=10

The mass is called "the sacrifice of the mass." The heresy is transubstantiation, where the belief is that the wine and bread are actually turned in the real blood and body of Christ. That is more than just a memorial.

9. OldRegular

Does it ever occur to you to support your assertions with Scripture. Otherwise they don't mean much!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    18 “And I, because of what they have planned and done, am about to come[a] and gather the people of all nations and languages, and they will come and see my glory.

19 “I will set a sign among them, and I will send some of those who survive to the nations—to Tarshish, to the Libyans and Lydians (famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece, and to the distant islands that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. They will proclaim my glory among the nations. 20 And they will bring all your people, from all the nations, to my holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels,” says the Lord. “They will bring them, as the Israelites bring their grain offerings, to the temple of the Lord in ceremonially clean vessels. 21 And I will select some of them also to be priests and Levites,” says the Lord.

22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Isaiah 66:19-24 Nasb

And all of that happened?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actual recrucifing the Lord Jesus in each mass...

12. OldRegular

You need to understand the type of language that Isaiah is using here and you need to read the entire chapter:

Isaiah 66:1-24
    1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
    2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
    3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine’s blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
    4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
    5 ¶ Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
    7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
    8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
    9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
    10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
    11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
    12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
    13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
    14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
    15 ¶ For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
    16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
    17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
    18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
    19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
    20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
    21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.
    22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
    23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
    24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

John Gill summarizes the message of this Chapter better than I can[
    I would only ask one question of you y1. Why is Isaiah talking about the New Heavens and New Earth? You might also consider Verse 3.????

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Because John Gill is wrong. Simple answer.

Having said that, I think you are reading into Gill's explanation more than what he has written.

#53 DHK, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  14. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you really believe this which I'm sure you do you need to finish the chapter. Paul reception as others on here will agree was not with kindness toward Paul. They threw him out of the temple, shut the doors and went about to kill him. All Jerusalem was in an uproar and they were beating Paul when the chief captain and his soldiers rescued him. The temple sits on the right hand of God in the third heaven, the Man Christ Jesus Glorified where Paul was taken to according to 2 Cor 12:2 also called Paradise. I don't know why you call it the third temple? Maybe some others would like to shed some light on that. All I know is that the Glorified Son Of Man is that temple. God has showed us in scripture what was going to happen to the temple and system that rejected his Son. He would destroy it. How total would that destruction be? Lock, stock, and barrel or in other words... Total Destruction of everything related to that temple and all its rituals and those and the line of priestly secession that carried them out. Not only did God carry them out according to what is recorded in scripture but being God knew that men in the future would say that never happened. Men are still denying things that God did in times past saying that didn't happen. Btw... Paul was beheaded by the Emperor Nero in 67 AD as I believe and some also do... The temple was destroyed in 70 AD, just like Jesus predicted. God in his Holy Eternal Wisdom I believe used Josephus as an eyewitness to write down exactly what happened. Titus wanted to spare the Jews and the temple... I will not elaborate but will let Titus speak through Josephus... The War Of The Jews, Book 6/Chapter 2 5. (127) I appeal to the gods of my own country, and to every god that ever had any regard to this place ( for I do not suppose it be regarded by any of them); I also appeal to my own army, and to those Jews that are now with me, and even to you yourselves, that I do not force you to defile this your sanctuary; (128) and if you but change the place whereon you will fight, no Roman shall either come near your sanctuary, or offer any affront to it, I will preserve you your holy house, whether you will or not. Titus did not want to destroy those Jews... He gave them as God has always done room to REPENT! They denied God so he destroyed it ALL.

#54 tyndale1946, Aug 20, 2014
  15. OldRegular

They denied GOD. That is essentially the same message Gill has in his summary of Isaiah 66!

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They denied GOD. That is essentially the same message Gill has in his summary of Isaiah 66! I agree!

#56 tyndale1946, Aug 20, 2014
  17. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Btw... Brethren are not going to convince other brethren unless they are of the same camp... That is my lifetime experience... Or you can't teach an old dog new tricks... IMHO... Its nice to try sometimes because you never know... IMHO:smilewinkgrin:

18. beameup

beameup Member

It seems that some here are quite familiar with "Josephus", but are totally "in the dark" concerning current events in Israel.
    The Temple Institute has made all preparations for the Third Temple, including the training of the Cohen [Levites].
    All that is needed is another "6 day war" type event, and the Temple Mount will be available for rebuilding of the Third Temple.
    It could happen any day. The daily sacrifices and oblation will be resumed.

http://www.cohen-levi.org/jewish_genes_and_genealogy/jewish_genes.htm

#58 beameup, Aug 20, 2014
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah was prophecying the time when the Messiah ruled over national Isreal, and all nations would know the God of Isreal as the one true God, so when has this happened?

Did isis miss the memo?

20. OldRegular

That is a pipe dream and I really don't understand why you people cannot simply understand what Scripture clearly teaches.

You have to throw away Matthew 21:43. Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

You have to throw away John 5: 28, 29. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

You have to throw away John 6:39. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

And

John 6:40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And

John 6:44. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And

John 6:54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

And

John 11:24. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

And

John 12:48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The verses John 6:39 through John 12:48 clearly show that the resurrection of the believer and the judgment of the unbeliever occur at the same time. That cannot be honestly disputed.

You have to throw away Acts 24:15. And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

You have to throw away 1 Corinthians 15:20-26. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

You have already thrown away 1 Peter 3:22. Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

And all because of a fictitious pre-trib rapture invented out of "whole cloth" by one John Nelson Darby while he was recovering from a fall off a horse. There is absolutely no basis in Scripture for such and no one on this Board has yet produced one. It does not exist!