1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was sin in the world before the law was given?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Did I not quote this in my response?

Relevance?

Relevance?

Would we think the abode of the Eternal God was Created?

So are you saying you feel that Satan will receive a pardon? Has received one?

While I don't think we can be dogmatic as to why Satan is here, and I will reserve my own view for now, this has nothing to do with my response to the statements you made.

This is not a Biblical support for Satan being in charge nor does it support a view this universe is his prison. For that matter, we cannot dogmatically say that there are only two realities, Heaven and the Physical Universe, and this is doubtful because we would not place Hell in either Heaven nor in this current Universe. Yet Hell remains constant, and is said to already be in existence. We know it is, at least, in existence at the end of the Tribulation as the Antichrist and false prophet are cast into it. And that places Hell in a reality that will pass away.

And that is irrelevant. Even if yo could show that when God said it was good that Satan was in the mix...Satan's sin is irrelevant to Adam's sin.

The universe was not "the place of the spiritually dead" when God created it. It is not until Adam sinned that we see a concept of spiritual death introduced to what is called of God...good.

Concerning your last statement, this too is interesting, so I wonder if you feel that mankind pre-existed his creation in Adam?

God bless.

2. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

3. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

Well, I didn't requote Darrel correctly

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sorry, Scripture states that you are wrong!

Genesis 1:26-31
    26* And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27* So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28* And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29* And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30* And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31* And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello OR! I'm not sorry :), I'm glad to hear from you. I hope all has been well with you.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Old Age gets tough sometimes!

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see the error in your comments, brother. We don't get to pick which passages we want to believe, and Scripture NEVER contradicts itself. So how do we put Genesis 1, which speaks of man and woman being created on the sixth day, with Genesis 2 and the New Testament:

Genesis 1 gives a summary of the six days of creation. Yes, on the sixth day God created man and woman. I am not doubting this passage (and I do hold to a literal six day of creation....if you were wondering).

But Genesis 2 does not pick up where Genesis 1 left off. Think about it. 2:7 says "The the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground..." Is this another person? No, it is Adam. So Genesis 2 gives a more detailed look at God's act of Creation in Genesis 1.

Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die." Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable o for him.” (Gen. 2:15-18)

And my statement that through Adam sin entered into the world is substantiated in the New Testament as well:

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned — for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. (Rm. 5:12-14)

For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. (1 Cor. 15:21-22)

Do you still contend my statement that through Adam's transgression sin entered the world is an error (that it should read "through Eve's transgression")? If so, how do you justify that belief?

Sent from my TARDIS

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure if you know it or not, but the forum has a new feature where, if you highlight something in a post you will get a quote/reply prompt (but it doesn't work on quotes within a post, sadly). If you hit quote it will save the highlighted portion which you can then insert when you are replying, and if you hit quote it will automatically place you in the response box.

Hope that helps.

God bless.

9. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

thanks, I will try it

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me know if I can be of any help.

God bless.