1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Slavery So Bad?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Justified

Justified New Member

I wasn't whinning! [​IMG]

I was just suprized to see this brought out from the past. :eek:

And I still stand that slavery wasn't that bad. [​IMG]

Merry CHRISTmas to all! [​IMG]

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

3. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

4. Lurch99

Lurch99 New Member

I was raised in an area that had no miinorities and as a result most of the people believed the stereoptypes about the diffrent races and as a result I also believed these .
    When I graduated from High School I decided to leave my home town get out and see some of the country . I traveled for about six months and I meet diffrent people , so my outlook on things began to change . I found out that whites , blacks,hispanics and aisans aren't that diffrent except maybe culturally and that I judged them unfairly . Ever since then I have been able not to look at a persons skin color but to judge them by the content of their character.
    As far as slavery goes it was a demeaning and destructive institution in the south . It involved beatings ,murder , broken families ,humiliation and degredation. As far as I'm concerned it was truely evil .

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My mistake, DavidFWhite3!! He inked the Declaration of Independence--still in the 1700's the southern colonies were not considered the "South"---ooohhhh, but its hard for some folks to forget the past---"Look what ya'll done to us!"--"Ya'll owe us!" Mercy, Ole Abe Lincoln would be rollin' over in his grave if he knew how much we're still "carrying on" about what happened in his day---

That's why I believe that slavery still exists today---not in the physical realm--but in the mind! In folk's mind--they're still slaves---its rather easy to write an amendment to free the slaves---physically, the slaves were released--its quiet another thing to release the slaves from bondage in the mind! Hanging on to slavery--is in and of itself--bondage to that slavery!

Your friend,
    Blackbird

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Slavery and Racism, both results from the Hard Heartedness of Men, Mark 3:5.

7. Justified

Justified New Member

In my travels, I have found that the majority of "BAD NEIGHBORHOODS", are those that are of a certain race, and once were beautiful neighborhoods of different race until they were forced to move out.

Which shows that the certain race needs the help of the oringinal owners to have a nice living style and education.

Which goes back to the time of Noah and his sons!

8. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noah, Schmoah. Bad theology, bad history.

Don't try to justify this.

9. Justified

Justified New Member

Who is Schmoah? :confused:

10. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Australia is the second most multicultural country in the world after Israel. There are various Asian neighbourhoods. as well as a neighbourhood for just about every country going. Suggesting that the race a person comes from is an indicator of the percieved quality of a neighbourhood is a nonesense. There are heaps of Africans in Australia, and we get along just fine.

Many African Refugees come from Nigeria nd the Sudan, where they have been persecuted for the religion of Christianity. I admire them for there courage and would suggest that the Christian world can learn alot from the persecuted church. Unfortunatley some bigoted Christians only want to give them a second round.

11. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

Your travels are limited. I can take you to neighborhoods that are of a certain race, MEANING BLACK, that you would be proud to live in.

Your reference to Noah and his sons needs clarification unless you want us to assume you believe the racist garbage we have heard before. Which is it?

12. Lurch99

Lurch99 New Member

Like I said old stereotypes still prevail . I have been in most of the states in the south and I have seen neighborhoods that are made up of all the diffrent races and I can assure you that whites are in the same predicament as other races it isn't only the minorities that live in bad conditions .
    I also believe the reason certain people left these neighborhoods is pure and simple preconcieved notions about the other race and in some cases good ol fashioned racism. :(

Lets not forget that certain people look down on the poorer classes and don't consider them worthy enough to live in the same neighborhoods as themselves.

13. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I knew from the start that this thread had little merit but since it has fell into a state of racial stereotyping I feel it should shut down. Thanks to those who used the moderator alert to alert me to this situation.
    Murph