1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Stevens Selfish

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by LeBuick, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Do you think Stevens is being selfish?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2008.
  1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other... (please explain)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

funny, this is your point, but it's not what you said. what you did say was not many people live to 90 these days, and in fact they do it all the time. and no matter how old the the OT peoples lived, no where does it say they became obsolete.

once again, this is not the topic of this thread, if thats what you want to discuss, then start a new thread.

if you reread the op, you'll find what the topic of this thread is,

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I owned up to my mistake Donna but I did quantify my age remark in my original post.

When you sit in the Session and sleep. You've probably stayed too long.

The problem which I made clear in my OP, he is now freely giving a seat to the Dem's. This during an election where the Dem's just might achieve a filibuster proof Congress. I did vote for Obama but I like the check and balance system. You saw Barney Frank salivating from the mouth talking about how his tax base is about to grow.

My point, I thought Stevens should of thought of his party and the country and stepped down in the face of his trial/conviction. Another Republican could have been put on the ticket and in the very red state of AK could probably have made office without even campaigning. Now, I don't see how the Dem's won't get that seat. Palin his Gov even asked for him to step down and with her high approval rating who won't listen at the poll.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You know, I was thinking of all the funerals I've done and I can only remember 1 where the person was over 90. Deacon Booker was 96. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I agree with StefanM, common or "all the time" are not words I would use to describe the phenomenon.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Not many" does not mean that there are no people who live to that age. Some do, just not many.

I think that LeBuick has more say as far as the direction of this thread goes.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't really care what you would call it, it is common here. As I said I can point them out to you. I feel you if people don't get old there before they die, but they do here. Not only do they live that long, their active that long. I know one 91 yr old man who works like he was 50, always has to be busy,builds, personally maintains the buildings he own,does yard work, and is healthy enough to do it too. He isn't rare here. I've been to several funerals of people over 90.
    It doesn't change the fact the op is about older people being obsolete.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

actually the mods are constantly telling us to stay on topic of the op. the topic of the op is older people becoming obsolete, so they should just give up.
    he does have a say, and he said it in the op.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Where did I say Seniors were obsolete? You putting words in my mouth?

Are you saying it doesn't matter how I clarify my post, the way you read it is the only true interpretation?

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

You said because a person was 84 they needed to quit, as if they have nothing left to offer. which means obsolete.
    I read your op, and it said nothing about felony and court.
    Do you deny that the op tells us what a thread is about, that in actuality the topic of the thread will be announced later in the thread?
    well, this is new.