1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was the American Revolution a Sin?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by JFox1, Apr 21, 2008.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You're welcome Analgesic. Glad we got that one squared away!

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Nice to have bantered with you too. I found your posts to be condescending and arrogant. I called you on it. Now this post confirms it.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Yes, I have read the multiple reasons----good enough for me----let me go fetch my Flintlock and a couple rounds of ammo---powder, shot, and wading---ought to do, huh???

Long live the United States of America and her founding Fathers

God speed to the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines!!

4. kubel

kubel New Member

Was the Revolution a sin? War is certainly a consequence of sin. But a sin? I think it's very hard to say in our position. In war, each side always believes "God is on our side", so they believe their actions are always with reason and condoned by Almighty. In reality, the only wars we know that God authorized were the ones in the OT that God clearly ordered.

I think the Declaration of Independence, in the first few sentences, quite clearly explains it all.

1) We believe God gave us certain rights.
    2) We believe man establishes government to secure those rights.
    3) We believe the current government is not securing those rights.
    4) We believe a new government will secure those rights.

War is a reality that will never go away while man is imperfect. And even though war with one nation against another is a horrible thing, I think, sometimes, it is necessary. I even believe acts of rebellion against established order is necessary (independence, secession, civil wars, whatever you want to call it). In fact, I think it's healthy for the People to overthrow their government often, so they can secure their freedoms and rights.