1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured was the Flood local or worldwide?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that if we would just assume/accept that the lord told us what really happened in the bible, that it would make more sense then to first check with evolutionary minded scientists, then try to get the bible to agree with them!

2. Archie the Preacher

What, Why and How?

The problem with that idea is the Bible gives us a typically good idea of what happened and certainly why something happened, but doesn't really explain the mechanism behind the action.

For instance, the Bible speaks of lightning. However, if all our knowledge of lightning came from the Bible only, we would not have electric lights (and stuff). I suppose one could argue we would be closer to God without electricity, but I really like having electric lights (and stuff).

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well Gemesis very clear, that God created all living creatures after their own kind/species, so why bother to bring in unproven evolutionary process here?

And since the same bibvle said to us God had waters over ALl the earth, why not see it that way?

Doesn't faith in him assume that the Bible is describing to us what happened, at times how have to discover, or maybe will stay unknown?

#63 Yeshua1, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  4. Archie the Preacher

The main reason is that God created ME with a desire to understand how things work. Another reason is my revulsion to the false dichotomy regarding "God did..." and the laws of nature.

Why does it have to be that ALL physical discoveries are lies? I cannot understand that thinking.

Third, I do not comprehend God wanting humans to be ignorant of His creation. God wants us to know and enjoy Him - that has to include His work. And from what Scripture teaches, God is orderly, He does not operate on whim.
    Who says I don't? I'm just curious as to how it worked; there is an explanation.
    Faith in Him does not encourage ignorance. I think there are some things mankind will never figure out - how to make life for one - but I don't think God is offended by us asking and seeking.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is NOT against us using and finding out real science, but NOT bogus junk science like darwiniam evolution!

And by very definition, miracles beyond capability of us to understand fully, for we are finite/limited creatures, and God bypasses natural order by supernatural means to do them!

can we expalin how/what process God used to raise jesus from Dead? No, but we accept that the Holy Spirit Himself did that, as per Romans!

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."

Seems pretty precise to me. There was one man created, and one woman from him. The notion hominids advanced to the state Adam was and then God creating woman implies there would have never been female species prior to Eve, or that Eve would have truly been the first to be made in the image of God.

#66 webdog, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014