1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured WAS THERE A FEMALE NT APOSTLE?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by a SATS prof, Jan 8, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Paul was a "sent one." Not one of The Twelve, but certainly a "sent one." And, yes, he saw Jesus in a vision, not bodily, as those with him saw only light but not the physical, resurrected body of Jesus. It is most likely Paul was saying he "saw Jesus" in the same sense we say "I saw the light." He is saying "I am a sent one." "I am free from sin and death." "I am a saved man." :)

2. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me know, will you? :D :D :D

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But remember, this was right when the disciples were tarrying in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit. It's hard to believe that they were backslidden at this point and chose the wrong man.

As for not hearing of him again, there are several others of the 12 we never hear from again in Scripture, but there are historical records. Here is what the revised ISBE says about him: "Eusebius (HE i.12.3) believed that Matthias was one of the seventy sent out by Jesus (Luke 10:1). Clement of Alexandria (Misc. iv.6.23) suggests that Zacchaeus was the proper identification. Church tradition says that Matthias's body was sent by Constantine to Trier, where it was lost, miraculously recovered, and re-buried" (Vol. 3, p. 288).
    Haven't heard this view before. I'll think about it.
    I'll certainly agree with this. The Charismatic movement has twisted the office of apostle around until it is unrecognizable.
    It's a pleasure.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll send you a postcard.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist