1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wash. Post: Get rid of A/C to help with Global Warming

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jul 13, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not sure I've read a much stupider argument in a long time. How monumentally ignorant can one be?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/09/AR2010070902341_pf.html

An idea: Let the author of this "news piece," the Post, and Al "the massage client" Gore go first. They can forfeit their air, and I'll cheer them on gladly.

Seriously, someone at the paper should take this guy's crayons away before he goes and writes another article.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not a news story; it's an opinion piece. The guy is an author who wrote a book on the subject.

Some of his suggestions are just impractical. But you have to admit denying Congress air conditioning has some appeal ...

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Yes sir, my friend!!!

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't forget his (Al Gore - King of Green and Inventor of the Internet) planes, mansions, 100 foot houseboat, limos, SUV's, etc...

Agreed, let him lead the way.

HankD

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe in Global Warming! Everytime Al Gore opens his mouth we got alot of hot air! :smilewinkgrin:

#5 Jedi Knight, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well its just (as rsr has rightly noted) just an opinion piece. Who cares?

I will say though that if you read the entire article the author has some good points. We definitely need to be thinking about how more effectively produce buildings and spaces that use less power to maintain their pleasantness.

Not too long ago one of our members who is an architect designed a green office park in our area based largely on his Christian beliefs about creation care. I really have enjoyed talking with him through the whole process. He integrated numerous concepts and the office park of five substantive buildings uses 55% less energy than if it had been regularly built. When they opened the buildings he mentioned that part of his belief in Christ is being a good steward of our environment which we've been entrusted.

He did simple thing like building green roofs, installing better lighting, intentionally thinking through the water systems, employing smart environmental controls, etc. Really a good thing.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

I thought it was a good essay with good ideas.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think there are many Christians who are not conservation minded with God's creation.

We just don't like being scammed and taxed by political environmentalists (so-called) who say one thing and do another.

HankD

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just say to all these waco's "COOL IT!" :smilewinkgrin:

10. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I've lived and worked without AC and all I can say to this idiot is that he is full of it. God help us when econuts want to run and ruin our lives.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I've worked in machine shops with and without air conditioning. Here in Texas the non-air conditioned shops are almost unbearable during the heat of the day in mid-summer. I don't have any data, but I would bet the increased productivity in the air conditioned shops almost pays for the extra cost.

Of course in all the shops the offices were air conditioned. Go figure.

Send this guy to the gulf coast in mid-August for a week or so; I bet he changes his mind.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This yahoo probably wrote this sitting in A/C