1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Washington Not In Crisis

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Martin, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry, but this is an outrage.

"(CNN) – The global economy may be undergoing a significant downturn, but the White House's dinner budget still appears flush with cash." -LINK

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is the same mindset as bailing out AIG with tax dollars then the weekend parties for the executives at our expense.

If I were in charge, the first 100 billion of the 850 billion would be to build a large prison, filled with Wall Street, political, and CEO crooks. And it would not be a country club atmosphere. Days would be spent on chain gangs and breaking rocks.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

And that Paulson crook would be the first inmate.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought about this recently when a meeting was held here is Ireland to discuss the financial crisis here and the menu was similarly high priced.

Remind any one of the closing scene of Animal Farm?

5. targus

targus New Member

It will be interesting to see what Obama's inauguration ceremonies are like.

Will they be serving Boones Farm and mac & cheese?

Not likey... although it would be his first official opportunity to show how the next administration will be different.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

- Animal Farm

7. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Preachin to the Choir

One of the many things Bush has failed to do properly that has left me with disgust in my mouth...

***WHERE*** is the Accountability and Responsibility?????

We have the Fanny-Mae and Freddie-Mac rip-offs... Then AIG squanders the Bail-Out...

Would you believe that during the Clinton administration that several States Attorneys Generals attempted to mitigate the problem and were *firmly* rebuffed by Clinton's Office of the Comptroller of the Currency?

Further, that during Both the Clintom and *BUSH* administrations States continued to pass legislation to mitigate and prevent and were thwarted by the *FULL* power of the Federal Government!!!!! (Business Week ?Oct23?)

There is a Special Place in **** for people who wrote loans making people believe they could afford a home and then letting the bottom cave-in on the them!

I can't express my outrage in a Christian Manner so I won't... Arrrrggggghhhh!

Suffice it to say, they *tried* to over qualify me. But, I knew I'd have at least one car die during the period of the loan and that raises wouldn't cover the extra payment. So, I bought a tiny house.

Actually both cars died... We are still solvent, barely...

Mike Sr.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This fails to outrage me.

There is much worse spending going on in other areas that makes this look insignificant. (Btw, I am not a Republican nor a Democrat).

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Doesn't bother me in the least....It is appropriate in these circumstances...

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they gather to discuss a world financial crisis and they go all out on the festivities. It certainly makes it appear as if they are not really taking it seriously.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==It probably would if you knew all the budget cuts that are going on around the country in important agencies. The money spent on that dinner would not have saved the country, but it should not have been spent at this point in history. The government can't go around telling average citizens that they must tighten their belts while the government spends an ungodly amount of money on a dinner for rich folks.

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the saying in the Navy goes, an aircraft carrier or a submarine or two may be cut from the budget, but the admiral's barge will always be funded and fully stocked.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Imagine that.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics as usual.