1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wasting your God given time!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Aug 3, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Greetings board!

The other day a nice young couple came to my door trying to preach Jesus is not God. I reiterated the gospel to them and sent them on their way praying the word of God would not return void for them. Anyways, it got me into some study once again to freshen up on this issue for future encounters and I came across this website devoted to destroying the essence of our Lord Jesus Christ. I thought how sad it is to see a professing Christian waste so much time in study and writing just to disparage the person of Jesus Christ. The sad part is, at his JSoC he will have to watch all that wasted work disappear in the flames.

I'm still not sure if a person can be born-again and read/study the scriptures and not understand Jesus is God. It is the Holy Spirit who teaches us and guides us into all truth, so how is it a person with the Spirit can be so misguided in their understandings?

Here is this guy's work, such a testimony of wasted time....sad.....http://www.torahofmessiah.com/trinity_art.html

Most of it is all of the usual twisting and spinning of text, claiming mistranslations, having to know Hebrew, yada, yada, yada.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are right that scriptures are clear about who Jesus is. And I don't want to highjack this thread you've started. But do you know what I find interesting in that web page you posted? That guy uses the same sources protestants use against Catholics and what we believe against you. He's claiming that you've fallen prey to the Babylon mystery religion because you believe in the Trinity! Now I find that interesting.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, these anti-Jesus is God folks believe the Trinity doctrine originated with the RCC. I'm still not convinced that a born-again Christian can read the scriptures and conclude Jesus was not God. I think if they are born-again they must have been deceived by another's rhetoric. But I would say that the originator of this heresy was most likely unsaved, and then eventually it bled into the flock here and there.

I don't see the benefit for rejecting Jesus as God. What would be the end result? Do they believe those who do believe Jesus is God are going to be condemned?