1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured WATCH COVERAGE OF THE LAST 2015 REPUBLICAN DEBATE HERE

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 15, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Mr. InTheLight, as commander in chief what would you do to eliminate the grave threat this country faces from the Sunni extremists Saudi Arabia and the US government have been funding and arming since the 1980's?

InTheLight, I'd try to shift the focus by accusing Poncho of spamming in order to keep everyone else in the twilight zone with me. The last thing we need on this board is people having the opportunity to see beyond the media created twilight zone I call home.

#21 poncho, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks at thread title...Hmmm...

Assumes this thread is about the Republican debate, NOT about the alleged arming of Sunni extremists in Saudi Arabia.

Ya know, if we're so hopelessly blinded to the truth as you see it, why not quit posting yours screeds? We're beyond salvaging, so just quit it already.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say you're hopelessly blinded to truth ITL. There's always some hope that you'll open your eyes to the truth, not much but some. I'm taking it as a positive sign that you were able to type the words "Sunni extremists". It's not a huge step but it's a start. ;)

Flynt Leverett, a former Bush Administration National Security Council official, told me that “there is nothing coincidental or ironic” about the new strategy with regard to Iraq. “The Administration is trying to make a case that Iran is more dangerous and more provocative than the Sunni insurgents to American interests in Iraq, when—if you look at the actual casualty numbers—the punishment inflicted on America by the Sunnis is greater by an order of magnitude,” Leverett said. “This is all part of the campaign of provocative steps to increase the pressure on Iran. The idea is that at some point the Iranians will respond and then the Administration will have an open door to strike at them.”

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...ca-gears-up-for-total-war.97356/#post-2191600

#23 poncho, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015