1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Watch Eric Holder Refuse to Answer Whether Congress’ Phones Were Monitored

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday refused to answer whether the federal government has monitored phones belonging to members of Congress.

Holder was asked to provide assurances that no phones inside the Capitol or belonging to lawmakers were monitored, one day after the bombshell revelation that the government secretly collected the phone records of millions of Verizon customers inside the U.S.

“With all due respect, senator, I don’t think this is an appropriate setting for me to discuss that issue,” Holder said in response to a question from Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) during a previously scheduled Senate hearing to discuss the Justice Department’s budget. “I’d be more than glad to come back in an appropriate setting to discuss the issues you have raised.”

Kirk interjected that “the correct answer would be no, we stayed within our lane, and I assure you we did not spy on members of Congress.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...nswer-whether-congress-phones-were-monitored/

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You know we need here Rev? We need another "big story" to take our minds off this just long enough for us to forget it ever happened.

Wonder what it's gonna be?