1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Water aerobics/exercise

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 29, 2009.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you do this? How often? How do you like it?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I hate water, so I probably wouldn't do it.

3. Spear

Spear New Member

Swimming is great, many muscles of your body work, and many people feel the element is relaxing, and swimming makes you spend many calories.

I don't know much about aerobics, if it's true aerobics (in terms of rythm), i guess it can be violent for someone's heart not used to intensive sports.

4. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

I swim quite a bit during the winter month, cycle and run when it's nicer.

"Water aerobics" is fine for those with some sort of knee or other problems that help keep weight off the joint, but that's it.

The flotation of water reduces the effectiveness of the exercise -- so you would need twice as much time (at least) in water as would be required on a mat.

Anecdotal evidence: I used to swim laps at the local Y that held "Water aerobic" exercises on the other half of the pool. A whole winter would go by and not one of those women looked any different.