1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Water baptism

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ituttut, Jul 30, 2004.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

This question was left unanswered on another thread. "Any one have any idea of what happens to the Christian that is not water baptized?"

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

He stays dry.

3. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

lol good one diane [​IMG]

My belief is that baptism is a command from the Lord for all Christians (granted there are some exceptions such as a man gets saved on saturday and goes to be baptized on sunday but is killed in a car wreck on the way to church).

any Christian who does not receive baptism in my opinion and from personal experience of many a member who refused, will never experience a great deal of Christian growth. Many of the christians who refused baptism (save one who had a genuine fear of water due to almost drowning once) never grew out of the milk of the word and into the meat of the word. Most of them fell away in the first year. Those who have stayed in the fellowship of their Church have no grasp on doctrines and scriptures save the basics that most children know.

I personally believe that the Christian who does not accept baptism reveals to God his lack of committment and his rebellious nature and is thus never given the blessings of growth and spiritual maturity. The Chrisitian who cannot prove himself in the small things can never be trusted with the larger things!

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Mr. Thunder,

Thank you for your post. [​IMG] I agree with you. Even the Roman Catholic Church has what they call Baptism by desire for extreme situations as you mentioned above.

5. servant-96

servant-96 New Member

Ya, but the RCC views on Baptism is totally wrong. You do know that right? Anybody believing in the doctrines of the RCC is going to hell when they die. You do know that right? I say this because when you compare the RCC with Christianity when talking about baptism, red flags instantly come up.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

If you refuse to do the very first thing that Christ said to do, then I don't have any confidence that you ever acknowedged Him as you Lord and Savior in the first place.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Non-baptized believer? Think of the Thief on the cross.

Some folks are just not educated. Look at the disciples of John who were well trained in OT theology but NOT in Christian baptism. They did not know or understand.

And all of us have "blind areas" where we KNOW what to do and opt not to be obedient to the Lord. Prolly some folks feel that way about water baptism.

8. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I agree that not only do the RCC have the wrong concept of baptism, but other doctrines as well. It wasn't until several months ago during membership classes to get to know the doctrinal beliefs of the church we currently belong to that I learned the true meaning of water baptistm. It is nothing I was taught. I am a new Baptist believer. When I heard Pastor explain it during those classes, the Lord convicted me that I needed to be baptized (though I had been baptized as a teenager) and talked the matter over with Pastor who agreed I needed to be baptized again in order to become a member of the church because my baptism was not performed in accordance with NT guidelines. Therefore on Easter Sunday of this year, I braved my fear of water again and followed my Lord in baptism.

NomadsWife

9. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I know that God makes exceptions for all things that are beyond our ability to control, such as the condition of the thief on the cross who was unable to be baptized. I never will ever believe that he will be put in a corner for all eternity for not receiving baptism.

Now if the theif were released from the cross before death and was set free, that would be a different story altogether should he refuse baptism.

For those who CANNOT I do not believe they will be judged, for those with no excuse or with nothing but excuses, they shall be seen a nothing more that spiritual babies for all their life.

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Great answer. Moses was dry as a bone when He was saved.

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Amen? Baptism is necessary as we all believe. John the Baptist says it first. He (John) baptizes with water, but He (Jesus Christ) will baptize with the Holy Ghost.

12. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Coming out of the Catholic church, we bring some of their teachings. They were before the Baptists, but not before John the Baptist, Jesus, Peter, John or Paul.

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Ya, but the RCC views on Baptism is totally wrong. You do know that right? Anybody believing in the doctrines of the RCC is going to hell when they die. You do know that right? I say this because when you compare the RCC with Christianity when talking about baptism, red flags instantly come up. </font>[/QUOTE]I wonder if any RC believes they are saved by believing on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ?

14. ituttut

ituttut New Member

This addressed to anybody in particular?

15. Craigbythesea

Oh, nobody ever told me that believing in the deity of Christ, His sinlessness, His blood atonement on the cross, the Trinity, etc., were all doctrines that are going to result in my going to hell. And I always thought that Christians “are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood.”

III: JUSTIFICATION THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST

Justification apart from the Law
    21. But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, though testified to by the law and the prophets,
    22. the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction;
    23. all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
    24. They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
    25. whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed,
    26. through the forbearance of God--to prove his righteousness in the present time, that he might be righteous and justify the one who has faith in Jesus.

27. What occasion is there then for boasting? It is ruled out. On what principle, that of works? No, rather on the principle of faith.
    28. For we consider that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
    29. Does God belong to Jews alone? Does he not belong to Gentiles, too? Yes, also to Gentiles,
    30. for God is one and will justify the circumcised on the basis of faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
    31. Are we then annulling the law by this faith? Of course not! On the contrary, we are supporting the law. (NAB)

16. ituttut

ituttut New Member

The Circumcised of the Covenant- Water baptized, then with hands received the Holy Spirit:
    ”Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
    16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
    17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost”
    , Acts 8. This is before Damascus Road. Water Baptized for the remission of sins.

The Uncircumcised Not under the Covenant - Received the Holy Ghost without water and hands:
    Acts 10:43-45”To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.” The Holy Spirit put something New in Peters message .... "Whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." God stopped Peter in mid sentence for a reason.

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead”, Colossians 2:11-12

17. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Congratulations, and God Bless you. You are a Baptist now. Just as long as you know you were saved the moment you believed in your heart on the name of Jesus Christ for your salvation. The One baptism that saves is the One Spiritual baptism, which happened when you believed.

Ephesians 4:4-5. ”There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism”, This put you into the Body of Christ Church.

18. ituttut

ituttut New Member

But I am walking, and I'm talking, because I have listened to Christ from heaven through His One heavenly Apostle. We can understand the words when we realize we are in the Body of Christ Church.

Who can make sense of water baptism down here. There are no two main line churches that can agree on water baptism. Surely something is wrong. If only one is right, are they the only ones saved? Or, are they the only ones that will get a reward?

Are you saying you are saved by believing on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, plus being water baptized? Or just saying all other denominations are still crawling around, while you "strut" your stuff.?

[ August 01, 2004, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: ituttut ]

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

20. Craigbythesea

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: