1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waterboarding

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush to veto waterboarding bill
    By JENNIFER LOVEN,
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush is poised to veto legislation that would bar the CIA from using waterboarding — a technique that simulates drowning — and other harsh interrogation methods on terror suspects.

The president planned to talk about the veto in his Saturday radio address.

Bush has said the bill would harm the government's ability to prevent future attacks. Supporters of the legislation argue that it preserves the United States' right to collect critical intelligence while boosting the country's moral standing abroad.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Water boarding should not be baned. Why, its one of my favorite form of family water sports. You get a boat with a high horse power outboard motor, tie a rope to its stern, sit on a board, hold onto the ropes handle and yell go! Now thats what I call fun.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before anyone is allowed to state that he/she supports waterboarding he/she should have the technique used on him/her.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree!!! :thumbs:

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Why? Do you want to take the fun out of life? [​IMG]