1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

way of the master

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by gekko, Mar 28, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

well hello everybody!

i've just recently been introduced to the Way Of The Master program.

i'm wondering what your thoughts are on this:

what do you think of their approach?
    what do you think of the thing of a whole?

that kinda stuff...

any thoughts?

gekko.

2. Brice

Brice New Member

Hey Gek. It's great to see you back. BTW I love Way of the Master.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Hi gekko. [​IMG]

I like Way of the Master. The only "criticism" Ive ever heard of them is that sometimes they fall a bit short of asking for a real response from the person they are talking to. Asking a person if they'd like to trust CHrist is always appropriate, even if we get a negative response at first.

4. standingfirminChrist

I think they do ask all if they want to accept Christ... I have seen some clips where they do. I know not all clips are used, as many reject them and curse at them when asked.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

oh, that would make sense, SFIC.

Thanks [​IMG]

I do wish that Cameron and the Way of the Master stuff were more in the news than all that wacko Tom Cruise stuff.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't speak highly enough of Way of the Master. Ray Comfort indeed lives up to his last name. He has been blessed with the ability to tell a person they're lying thieving adulterers in completel love and respect, without a shred of anger, hostility, or self-righteousness. When I use the same words he does, I come off as unrighteous. Oh, would that I could be blessed with such an amazing gift as his.

Plus, my wife thinks Kirk Cameron is a hottie.

7. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

I was kind of brought to evangelism by the program. I reccommend it highly.

8. Servent

Servent Member

I have used it many times and have been very sucessful.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I've found myself using the WDJD method of witnessing because i do believe that in a lot of cases you have to get a person lost before you get them saved...their approach of using the commandments is a great way of doing that.

Like someone mentioned earlier, i have seen some clips on the show when they did not offer a full invitation to accept Christ...but that was on the video, i have no idea what happened before or after that clip either.

10. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

In the Way of the Master teachings, they say that it is NOT always appropriate to ask a person if they'd like to trust Christ. Their reasoning is, Biblical Evangelism is ALWAYS "Law to the proud, and Grace to the humble".

This is really worth digging into to understand why they say this. I highly recommend that everyone spend some time (not just a quick glance) at these websites. Especially take the time to listen to and read the message called "Hell's Best Kept Secret" several times.

www.justwitness.com
    www.wayofthemaster.com
    www.livingwaters.com
    www.whatstandard.com
    www.wayofthemasterradio.com

By the way, I got to meet Ray Comfort, Todd Friel, and several behind-the-scenes people involved with The Way of the Master program this past weekend at a Way of the Master Radio event in Atlanta. If I hadn't already been convinced that these people are in this for the right reason, I would be now. These folks aren't in this thing to sell their books and tapes.....they truly have a heart for the lost, and they practice what they preach. I'm with Johnv when he says "I can't speak highly enough of Way of the Master".

11. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Brian,

I was talking about those people who are first actually willing to stop and talk with me about Christ.

Either way, if I disagree with Ray Comfort over this then Im not going to worry too much about it. I do admire what they are doing at Way of the Master, but I don't feel obligated to agree with every little thing they say.

[​IMG]

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I can't speak highly enough of the Way of the Master approach to witnessing. I also try to watch the show when it is on, although lately I have been missing it. On Easter Sunday we went to the Sea World Easter Sunrise Service and Kirk Cameron was the special guest speaker. I was very impressed. He is every bit as passionate about his faith in person as he is on the show. My husband wrote a blog about our experience. Here's the link: Easter Sunrise Sea World Blog. It contains some really awesome pictures of that morning.

13. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

I just had a class on Creation/Evolution in college. It was more of an overview on knowing enough about the subject but it was mainly focused on being able to witness to athiests. We were assigned to read Ray Comfort's God Doesn't Believe in Athiests and we watched some of the videos. Its amazing at what he can do. I pray God gives me the same ability to do that.