1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ways to reveal false doctrines

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Lorelei, Mar 13, 2002.

1. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

Perhaps we could declare a brief moratorium on the word "lie."

Perhaps we could go with "you seem to be misinformed" or "maybe you misunderstand" or words to that effect?

Mark H.

2. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Mark,

I would certainly like to push that route, and I consistently say that things of which I know are not true as a misunderstanding of teachings...until they refuse that. When they refuse that they misunderstand, and we have supporting evidence to say that it is not so, then they are lying about the Church, because they are stating that what they say is the truth.

3. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

Grace,

I certainly understand your frustration (and, obviously, I'm only an occasional lurker in these parts).

Maybe we could go with, "You seem to have a mistaken impression that you know my church's teachings better than my church does."

Mark

4. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Well spoken. I apologize for for being to forthcoming, Tulpje.

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread will be closed at page 10. You are, of course, free to open a new topic once this is closed to pursue your arguments.

Clint Kritzer

6. Ephesians432

Ephesians432 New Member

Oh, I just got here! I don't have time to read everything. But, in case no one has posted these verses, I will. I'm not a Baptist. I'm not a Catholic. I do read my Bible.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.

7 Which is not another, but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto than that we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1 : 6 - 9 (KJV)

This is a Baptist Board. Now why come in and try to stir up trouble? Why would any denomination who believes they have the truth want someone to come in and try to disrupt things? If you're a Catholic, and you think the Baptists are in error, don't you know they're not going to listen to you? If a person wants to become a Catholic, I'm sure they can locate a priest somewhere and take instructions in the Catholic faith from him. Right? Don't you believe in the power of the Holy Spirit? God said, "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29 : 13 (KJV)

I hate to see people spend a lot of time and frustration over a situation they can't change. I share the word of God and let the listener decide. Then I leave it with God.

Trust in the Lord.

7. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy, you can tell YOU'RE new here!!! [​IMG]

Matthew 5:9
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [​IMG]

May God bless you, Ephesians!

[ March 28, 2002, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I don't see the point in persuading other Christians to join my particular church. They are, so long as they accept Jesus and follow Him, Christians.

And that's more than enough. No denomination, including mine, has God in a box.

9. Ephesians432

Ephesians432 New Member

Clint, a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. I'm not much of a peacemaker really. I want to be, but it obviously isn't my calling. But I always thought it would be great to distract the warring factions with laughter. So that didn't work either! You're the only one who laughed. I'll figure something out one of these days. It's hard being a dumb brunette! :confused: God, I'm down here! Now what is it You want me to do??? I'm running out of time, Lord. Edit my posts??? Is that all?

[ March 30, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Ephesians432 ]

10. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Hey Ephesians432!

Are you trying to move in on me here??? ;) Just Kidding. I think your screenname is awesome. That is where my name comes from (Flyfree432) http://www.geocities.com/flyfree432/432.html

Great to see you here on the BaptistBoard!

UNP
    Adam

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians432 said:
    Sorry I have to back up what Brother Clint said BOY ARE YOU NEW HERE ! After you have been here awhile you can return to this post and realize just what you said!... Brother Glen [​IMG]