1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We Can't Afford the Democrats' Platform

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The past two presidential elections taught the losing Democrats a couple of political lessons. They learned that attacks on guns and defense of abortion are no longer winning issues for them, and this new awakening is reflected in their 2008 Party Platform adopted in Denver.

The Platform grudgingly states: "we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms." The powers-that-be in the Democratic Party have learned to tolerate a few pro-gun candidates.

Feminist pressure won't let the Democrats recede from their "proudly"-stated 2004 Platform position that "Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare." This year's Platform is just as pro-abortion, but uses slightly softer words, stating that the Democrats support "a woman's ability to make her own life choices and obtain reproductive health care, including birth control" (throughout nine months and with taxpayers' money, of course).

Proclaiming that "we will end the Bush Administration's war on science," the Democratic Platform promises to "lift the current Administration's ban on using federal funding for embryonic stem cells." The genuinely pro-life Republican Platform calls for "a ban on human cloning and a ban on the creation of or experimentation on human embryos for research purposes."

The 2008 Democratic Platform stridently toadies to the feminists on all their issues. The Platform reaffirms support for the Equal Rights Amendment (which was declared dead by the Supreme Court 26 years ago), enforcement of Title IX (which has canceled hundreds of men's college athletic teams, thereby costing us dearly in the recent Olympics), passage of the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (which would use a UN treaty to keep abortion legal), and the Violence Against Women Act (which puts a billion taxpayer dollars a year into the coffers of the radical feminists). ..........

More Here

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the platform says is one thing - what counts is how they vote after the election is over.

Be sure you attend candidate forums and insist those questions are asked point blank.

Sure you may have to give up a night or two to get involved but it is necessary and very important.

3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

We can't afford either party's platform. There's no such thing as free healthcare anymore than there's such a thing as free war.

#3 Ivon Denosovich, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I do agree with the above, I don't recall ever seeing a claim of "free war"

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't think anyone wants to do away with the Second Amendment. I don't own a gun but I believe people have a right to guns for hunting and even to protect their property and families.

However, in the big cities there is a problem with kinds getting to these guns. Late last year I attended a funeral of a 9 year old boy who was killed on his way home from school by a stray bullet in a drive by shooting. What the liberals or people in the big cities are looking for is to give law enforcement the means to combat the problem.

These gangs are now moving into the small rural towns so if you aren't impacted yet just wait. You will see it is a mess to see a 13 or 14 year old holding an automatic assault rifle in one hand and a 40 oz of OE in the other. Because he's a juvenile the courts will just slap him on the hands and put him back out on the streets.

The question to me is how are they getting these guns? To me that's the solution to the problem and another reason we need to seal up the borders. I believe they are being brought in from Mexico sgettingince I can't see anyone one through airport security...