1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We Do Not hire Liberals

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, that's a funny sign, no matter what.

But neither conservatives nor liberals have a monopoly on people "deficient in those areas."

Some of the most intelligent people I have ever known have been liberals, and some have been conservatives (and moderates as well!).

I would say the same for the least intelligent.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    at the bottom, my statement would say : We DO NOT regret any inconvenience....

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But sometimes the most intelligent people do not have a lot common sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also true, and I've also seen both conservatives and liberals with a great deal of common sense and those with almost none.

I used to work in Christian academia, and I knew an economics professor who was very conservative but who lacked all manner of common sense. I also knew a math professor (who was an administrator by that point) who was very conservative and had a great deal of common sense.

An English professor from my undergraduate alma mater is a liberal (well, moderate, really), and he has probably some of the best common sense, fiscal sense, and intellectual capacity of anyone I've ever known. He came from abject poverty to become an upper middle class professor in a field he loves.

My point is simply this--political orientation (thoughtfully done) is a matter of philosophical assumptions and extensions thereof, not one's ability to reason. Now, I wouldn't trust the political musings of anyone who couldn't articulate their position with reason and logic, even if I agreed with their ultimate policies.