1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We have been warned

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Brother James, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Brother James

Brother James New Member

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul283.html

Ron Paul gives sound advice as usual:

Before the US House of Representatives, October 26, 2005

We have been warned. Prepare for a broader war in the Middle East, as plans are being laid for the next U.S.-led regime change – in Syria. A UN report on the death of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafig Hariri elicited this comment from a senior U.S. policy maker: “Out of tragedy comes an extraordinary strategic opportunity.” This statement reflects the continued neo-conservative, Machiavellian influence on our foreign policy. The “opportunity” refers to the long-held neo-conservative plan for regime change in Syria, similar to what was carried out in Iraq.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

We can't afford it. Maybe we could goad the UN or Iran into a war, but we haven't got the funds to do it ourselves. With our two ongoing wars, disaster relief for Katrina & Wilma and our impending tax cuts, we are six feet over our heads in debt already.

3. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Although I would agree with you that we can't afford it, the Bush administration has shown that huge, record deficet spending means nothing to them.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

True but the House Ways & Mean Committee's FY 2006 proposed budget makes drastic cuts in agriculture subsidies (food stamps) and social programs (child support enforcement, SSI, foster care, medicare, state healthcare, etc) while not touching the impending 2006 taxcuts for the wealthy - good news of the libertarians.

Source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (linkie)

(btw - sorry about the late edit on my previous post)

5. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Proposing it and passing it are two different things.

6. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"True but the House Ways & Mean Committee's FY 2006 proposed budget makes drastic cuts in agriculture subsidies (food stamps) and social programs (child support enforcement, SSI, foster care, medicare, state healthcare, etc) while not touching the impending 2006 taxcuts for the wealthy - good news of the libertarians"----------------------------------------------------------

Thses things should be cut. Welfare, far outstrips any other category of US spending. In fact it outstrips any other kind of spending by any nation ever at anytime.

7. Brother James

Brother James New Member

While I agree that these things need to be cut, they pale in comparison to defence spending. We have a 450 billion dollar a year budget there. It's aproximately one and one half times the rest of the world combined.

8. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Are you sure BJ? My understanding is if you combine all the varied give away programs, the money spent is much greater than the money spent on defence. Besides, with two massive bulidings knocked down and atomic bombs floating around out there, defense spending will not be cut anytime soon.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

If you toss in corporate welfare, special laws favoring some industries, etc. then the total cost probably exceeds the defense budget of about $450 billion.

But if you count what has been traditionally considered welfare, i.e. aid to the poor, medicare, aid to dependent children, etc. , then it's not even close to the defense budget.

Some people toss in Social Security, but since people pay for their benefits by contributions, it's an insurance program.

We could wring a lot of money out of the budget. Granted, I think it's cool to have a Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, but I don't agree with Dubya that the taxpayers should fund it.

On the other hand, I think he went too far when he tried to save a few bucks by cutting the combat separation pay of our troops in Iraq.

Just my opinion.

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

What is the source for that information?

Regards,
    BiR

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

PNAC told us they wanted to turn America into an imperial power years ago. No surprise then that that is exactly what is happening. The only surprise on my part is that so many "patriotic Americans" go along with this and the economic fascism practiced by Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and friends.

But hey, even the minions of the criminal global elite need to make a living I guess.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Daisy. There's no way that a drastically weakened administration is going to start a third war to invade Syria while two other wars are ongoing and the economy could be sliding into a recession in 2006.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We're still a long ways from owning Uzbekistan Ken.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives

If you want to dominate the world you'd better have a plan. And the globalists had theirs long before 9/11.

Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Iran are just so many squares to be won in this chess game the propaganda meisters call the GWOT. Haven't figured that out yet Ken?

Bush is just a cog in the globalist machinery if he loses to many pieces in the game then Hillary or some other globalist minion will get to take his place and carry on with the plan.

16. Baptist in Richmond

Are you sure about that, Ken?

Here is a story on FoxNews, quoting Secretary of State Rice.

Regards,
    BiR

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I see no way that we can currently do it - in a military or a fiscal sense.

18. Baptist in Richmond

But, as you can see in the link, it is still on the table.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everything can be on the table. Doesn't mean that everything on the table is practicable or doable.

20. Baptist in Richmond

Well, I certainly hope you are right....