1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We love the brethren.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Oct 5, 2007.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

1jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. This is another room to show the love of God. I love each and everyone one of you. Let us debate on how good God is. I think he is the best and as the song says he's my all and all. There is so much fighting in the world and I just thought to show a little love to keep my mind off of it. Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. I love this verse. Say something about God this is what it is all about. I would be nothing without him and I thank him that I have brothers and sisters like you that I can share this with. God bless all of you and pray always.

2. charles_creech78

Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Mt 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself. Mt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

3. charles_creech78

Lu 6:35 But LOVE ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Beloved, let us love one another. For love is of God, and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God for God is love. Beloved, let us love one another

5. charles_creech78

Lu 10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? Lu 10:30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Lu 10:31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Lu 10:32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side Lu 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him Lu 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. Lu 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee Lu 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? Lu 10:37 And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

6. charles_creech78

Amen, amen, amen:godisgood: :applause:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

1Co 12:31 (KJV) But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
    1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
    2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
    3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That says a lot LeBuick;. It does not say to not feed the poor when you are unsaved, it is saying that all your good works without the Love of God, will profit ye nothing for the Love of God is greater than all, and every thing needs to be seasoned with that "Love".

BBob,

9. charles_creech78

Amen brother Bob. He that is born of God is born of love. Because God is love.

#9 charles_creech78, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  10. charles_creech78

1jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 1jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth 1jo 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 1jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.