1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We need a team who can win

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by The Galatian, Dec 27, 2004.

1. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

In other words, you're glad Bush doesn't listen to the American people?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Galatian--I see what you're sayin'--Yes, I do! But stay with me on this one---there are how many troopers in Iraq now?? 125,000 + or -?? Roughly eight divisions + or -??

Each division is composed of 12,000 troopers--+ or -! Of those 12,000---how many of them actually see(become part of) a patrol? Probably less than half + or -!

Many of the service corps(those in division not titled as "combat" troops---the other half of the division----improvise for themselves---in Vietnam---the chopper pilots would put improvised armor under their seats---they just couldn't see gettin' shot in the "you know what" over a box of mail being delivered to some candy rear eschelon!!

I just don't see the reasoning behind---125,000 troops=125,000 anti-shrapnel vests when not all of those 125,000 see actual patrol and engage the enemy---you gonna go out and engage the enemy---get you a dad-blame vest on---but if you're a hundred miles away from the nearest homemade bomb . . .!

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Yeah, you don't need protection, unless there's a realistic chance that you'll be in combat.

Problem is, it's a guerrilla war, and the "front" is everywhere. So a lot of guys who had no idea they were at the "front" ended up maimed or dead because Rumsfeld thought that they had "good enough" protection.

He's fixing that, now that the troops, the public, and congressmen have attacked him for that failure. They weren't too happy that second best was considered good enough for the reserves from their respective states, either.

But wouldn't it have been better if we had a competent SOD who could have figured it out for himself?

Couldn't he have done a little better, if we took a little of the money set up to provide free health care for Iraqis, and took care of our troops?

Or if we told Halliburton that their people would just have to stay at Holiday Inns, instead of four-star hotels?

Wouldn't that have been better?