1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We need revival

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by El_Guero, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Says who?

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I meant there was dividing and claiming to be better (more obedient, more "separated", more "biblically correct", etc) than others over ridiculous issues, often. Then, the people will often start preaching about "why there is no revival", which will come down to all the things everyone else is doing wrong, and not doing like the one preaching. This is the source of just about all the debates we see in the Christian world.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Quote:
    Tom Butler: He sees us clothed in the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Tell you what, HP, rather than chase this rabbit in this thread, how about if I start a new thread on the subject?

4. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I was simply saying that my STATUS before God is not sinner. My STATUS before Him is saved, a new creature in Christ. So while the flesh continually is at war with spirit and flesh occasionally wins, my STATUS before God does not change. I sin, yes, but I am not categorized as a sinner in God's eyes. After all, His righteousness was imparted to me. I have been spiritually made alive in Him: reborn, born from above, born again. BEHOLD! Old things have passed away! The Cathedrals (God bless the original group) sang a song, mornfully, "I'm just a sinner saved by Grace." I can see that marvelous bass saying, "Just an old sinner, saved by Grace." When I sing it I sing "I am a Christian, saved by Grace, when I (a sinner) stood condemned to death, He took my place. Now I live and breathe in freedom (a Christian), with every breath I take, I am forgiven, back with the living, I'm a new creation, saved by Grace."

Thanks for the helping hand, Gen!

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Ah, that's much clearer.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Sounds good to me. Fire away.

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

HP, the new thread is up and running. Titled "Let's Talk Justification and Righteousness." It's in the Baptist Theology Debate Forum. Oops, maybe I should have put it down in this forum. If so, maybe the moderator can move it.

#27 Tom Butler, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: What for? If all those will be saved that God has foreordained to salvation, and nothing we do has anything to do with our salvation, and if our sins, past present and future are all covered by the imputed righteousness of Christ, what is there to be affected by any revival?