1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We need to be winning souls we miss so many chances

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Dallasdid, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I go to public school there are teens who need Christ all over the place. They are in my classes, my lunch room, my break time and much more. But man I miss so many chances to witness. I been talking to these kids every day after lunch for 2 minutes and we have a great friendship established and God has been convicting me that they need Christ and here is a perfect time and I neglect it consumed with getting to class on time and to my locker. And man I feel feel horrible how many times do all of us pray for God to open doors to witness and when God does we never take the chance. We need to be soul conscience every day Christians. I am talking to my-self to there are lost teens, kids, adults , and others dying every day going to hell sepperated from a loving God. What are we doing to share the Gospel we really as Christians need to be soul conscience every day man it has been burdening me so bad. I challenge me, and you to go out tomorrow and days to come and dont neglect the lost witness to them share Gods love because if you dont how will they hear? It says same thing in Romans we need to be winning souls he that wins souls is wise and man if thats the case we got (including me) some stupid unwise Christians I dont say that out of meaness that is the truth according to the Bible if I dont win souls I am not wise. I challenge us wake up get about preaching the Gospel thanks God bless

2. Molly

Molly New Member

You are right...we should be ready to give an answer to the faith that is in us at all times.

May we live for Christ and share Christ each day!

Molly

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In high school I was one of those students looking. One of my closest friends was a pastor's son and the other was a Christian. Neither of them ever invited me to church or any Christian event. None of them ever said anything about Christ to me.

Some years later I met with one of them and he look perplexed because I told him that I had become a Christian and was pastoring. He told me that he never knew I was interested in such things. The fact was that shortly after I left high school I became a Christian. The man who presented the gospel to me was a man whom I never met before. He followed me up for the next 1-1/2 years.

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

gb93433,

That happend to me too.

Dallasdid,

I accepted the Lord when I was 21. Years later a girl I went to school when I was 14 and I met at a Christian function. I said "I didn't know you were a Christian, why didn't you tell me? She said " I was afraid to.

I didn't hold it against her. People were afraid of me. I was just glad we were both saved! People are also afraid someone may reject the message. But the Lord was faithful and sent others. We don't have to try to present the whole Gospel when we meet but as the Lord opens a door you can start planting. Befriend them, maybe ask them to go for a pepsi together some time and then you can share.

Just don't fear rejection, it is our job to share and the rest is up to them if they want Christ. Remember also that they may need to hear it more than once. The first time I had the gospel presented I didn't accept it. The ground was still stony, not prepared. I believe it was the third time I heard the salvation message I accepted!

5. Rick Sr.

Rick Sr. New Member

Dallasdid, you are exactly right. We miss so many chances to witness. Thee is another way we witness that many people never think of-- the way we live our life! If you have a big shade tree in your yard, what happens when the sun comes up? It casts a shadow. That tree cannot get up and walk to where the shadow ends at the end of your yard. That shadow represents your witness with your life. Just as the tree cannot go to the edge of the yard but, the shadow can,so does your Christian life. People see you and what you do. We may not get to go and talk to some people but our witness of the way we handle things catches their attention. So, we must "Practice what we preach",your life can witness to more than you think.
    I sub at a high school near my home and a couple of days ago, I saw one of my students come in carrying a Bible as well as her schoolbook. I made a point of telling her that I was blessed as well as pleased greatly by her conviction to stay with God even though the world was doing it's best to keep Him out.
    You keep on witnessing, all you have to do is plant the seed and pray and God will take care of the rest.
    May God keep you and hold you throughout our time here. Rick [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Amen, that is how we can change the world! Christians will not change the world through the courts, or other means, but only by sharing our faith one person at a time. It grieves me to see Christians get so up in arms about trivial things, but neglect to simply walk across the yard to share their faith with their neighbors! May God bring all of us back to a mission-action mindset!