1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Web Host Recommendations or Warns?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Jun 16, 2006.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I am entertaining an offer from Network Solutions to move my Site to because of our move...

(I am currently paying a local ISP $10/mo for 10mb storage and unlimited xfer...)

Looks like a good offer...

7GB Storage
    150 GB xfer
    $10 a month

Has anyone had any experience with Netwrok Solutions?

Any other Web Hosts I should consider?

Thanks!

Mike Sr.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Network solutions was either the or one of the main domain registering agencies for a long time. They have been around for quite awhile.

www.godaddy.com does a good job as well. I have a domain name with Network S. and a site with godaddy as well as others.

Earthlink.net offers ten meg with a 21.95 isp charge, actually five ten meg blocks I if you get the right package.

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

GoDaddy does look like a better deal than Network Solutions...

How does a GoDaddy site respond?

I mean all that storage and transfer is great...

But, does it "move"?

Thanks!

Mike Sr.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had no problems as yet, been with them for 6-8 months. They are very automated, and not all that clear but I worked through it without too much trouble.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If at all possible, avoid Network Solutions. They do a great job, but when they register a domain for you, they "own" the doman, not you.

What that means is, if Network Solutions decides they need to sell your domain, they reserve the right to do so without your permission. They've been a lot better about this over the last few years, but in the late 90's, early 2000 time frame, they were messing people over.

Before finalizing with any domain registrar, check the fine print carefully.

6. Jack Lavictoire

Jack Lavictoire New Member

My web site www.beholdhecomes.net is hosted for free (without banners/adds) by www.witnesstoday.org plus they give you a free domain once your site is ready. All you have to do is e-mail them and they'll get back to you. It's trully 100% free!

Oh yea, the guy you'll be talking to is called Paul. Very friendly person.

7. DrJackParchmansGrandson

My cousin owns http://allwebco.com

He is hosting my grandfather's site (evangelist Jack Parchman) at a greatly reduced rate

http://jackparchman.com

I am currently working on a website for our church. He gives discounts for church or religious websites across the board - just mention it to receive the special pricing. He doesn't advertise this special pricing though but gives it if you ask/mention it.

mention that you heard this from his cousin Chris.