1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Webcasting Church Service

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Im successful, we will continue to meet, in town, in my house, in his house, in other friends houses till God provides a more comfortable place. Frankly this is not what I want to do, its what Im called to do.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes I do and honestly, until this thread, I've had respect for you but now, I'm losing it. Yes, we will enjoy our time at the yacht club because we have ministry there. Even the people who are middle class (this is a working club - lots of teachers, firemen, police and the like are members here) need the Lord.

In my neighborhood, we have a Catholic church, PCUSA, Episcopal, Christian Scientist and a synagogue. So we travel a little bit to our home church. Within a larger radius, there are other Bible teaching churches as well but more churches that are not what I would call Biblically sound. Again, let me know the town you are in because I'm sure there is a Bible teaching church within 30 minutes of you.

John 13:35 says "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

And? Does not the worker deserve his wages?

Yes, he had driven all over the country for no pay to bring the Word of God to people. He also has started many ministries including a crisis pregnancy center and has a solid work in Cuba and Nicaragua. Those are not just "we will give you a little money" but we have a large presence in those countries.

Very good but it seems like you do not have a love for the brethren which may be a problem. But maybe God has placed you where you are with "no churches" to be able to minister to other people - although from the attitude you've posted here, it seemed like you have no desire to do any of that.

Why are you getting down on the yacht club? Is the police chief less worthy of the Gospel than the Mexican down the block? It's interesting your hostility to the middle class. I wonder why that is?

That's wonderful. But what accountability do you have? Where can you be a part of the body of Christ and minister not just to the unsaved but the saved? These are all things that God calls us to do. Please don't disregard that part of our walk with Him.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother....This is a calling.....one Ive been fighting. But right now what I really need is some Dutch clover seed before it gets too hot. I have a backyard that got destroyed in the SANDY Storm so I want to grow clover in it. It will feed the chickens....BTW just bought 6 sexlinks to repopulate my aged hens & by July they should be giving me a bunch of eggs.....then I can have mens breakfast cookouts with eggs & sausage, tomatoes, peppers & beans & squash. The clover will be used to feed the chickens, & attract bees for the garden. It smells good to. These Home Despots & Lowes joints dont sell the stuff....they look at it as weeds...LOL. Or I gotta buy a 40 Lb Bag from a farm store & I dont need all that....not seeding the back 40.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, earlier you posted

You were leading me to believe you had no desire to work with others. That you didn't WANT to start a church or even a study at all. Why the sudden change?

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

The first bolded item is apparent.

For the second, perhaps you should. How many others in your community could use 5 pounds or so to seed their backyards for their flocks? And, maybe even share some of the expense with you. (Secondary consideration in that you may be providing a small way for them to "pay it forward".)

There are many ways to serve the Lord. Perhaps planting clover is just another one of them. :flower:

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

EWF- Could you post a link to this? I'm curious.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a long conversation with an old presbyterian pastor from scotland.....he is on his way out but we had a 2 hour heart to heart. I walked out of there saying, let the dead bury the dead. This is Gods call though.....I feel like Jonah.... I dont want to go to Nineveh..... I want to flee from the Lord (to Florida). This is going to be a fight in my soul. Part of me wants to stay & do the Lords work..... but a big part of me says, to hell with this. They are too wicked.... take them all to hell & be done with it..... and take me also. Im tired by this whole ordeal. Then I think of the old man..... how sad he was in his unwillingness to make a difference. He was once a man of virility, a Scot & a man who proudly wore the kilt & played the bagpipes. Today though, he was a defeated man & set in his ways. His eyes did not lighten up when I asked for help. Perhaps he cant.....I sense cancer....he will succumb in short order. Then I thought of a friend, my age with a deadly debilitating disease going hither & yon to aid & comfort the brethren.....and I dont know. I need time to pray, time to think. Im not a good man!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you curious about?

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nooooo....they want Kentucky blue so they could compete with the Joneses for the best lawn in the neighborhood.....dont you know thats what NJ people do on the W/E..... Im the SOB down the block with chickens & a rooster & the blasted clover growing in the back yard (they consider it a weed). :laugh:

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sunday PM services are a difficulty. My Mondays usually start at 1am, so I need to get to bed early. Thought it might be worth a look before bed.

If you're not comfortable with the idea of sharing it publicly, I understand.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok....well that wont work be pause its a live web cast.

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :type::thumbsup: Some cannot find any church that meets their standards , as if one will just magically appear. Accountability and obeying Elder rule is spoken of in Hebrews 13.... You covered alot here....:thumbsup:

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Revmitchell
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If God is calling you, He will equip you. God calls us to sometimes reach beyond ourselves and while it is tough, it is amazing to watch Him work through us!! Keep focused on Him and He will guide you in your work. :)

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So here we go...the backstabber speaks. Lol

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another edifying post:wavey: I post verses about the need of holiness in the life of believers......you do not like the verses.....call me names, then 15 people repeat the same advise to you in 47 different ways....I agree with them and their posts.....now I am a backstabber as well as all the other names :laugh::laugh:

Then again....Trinity Baptist is no good, the Sovereign Grace Church is no good, the Arminian church is no good, NJ is no good, Arbca is no good, Sbc is no good......poor EWF...only he alone is left!!!

And yes...a while back it was you who said check out Calvinist Cafe.....now they are no good also.......

It could not be that your outlook on things is shall we say...wrapped a little bit to tight...NO...it could not be that.Do not even consider it.
    Everyone has tried to speak to you about it in very creative ways.
    EWF....is anyone agreeing with you, or your point of view on all these churches and things???

17. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I meant on Sunday.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well touche Iconoclast.... LOL

No I could never attempt to be a source of edification to someone as lofty & Godly as you. Heaven forbid. But i doubt I could pull off the disingenuous behavior as well as you do either, if truth be told. I would ask what possessed you to reveal personal conversations as casually and indiscreetly as you have done though?

Because in reality (thats a world you dont seem to operate in...yes I know your a saint)there is nothing more dangerous than a inferior man like yourself who has convinced himself that he is actually above all others and will throw someone under the bus to prove it. What a saint you are, at least in your own sick mind. Continue playing the man of God ....of course don't tell anyone that we had many private conversations in which I asked you pointed questions about various subjects about churches & doctrine....all that you rejected out of hand...all except Trinity. Why Trinity, it is & was your choice and when I told you its too far to drive you got all pouty and sullen. Poor Tony....not getting his own way. You child...you poor poor child....not getting his own way, so what do you do ...you resort to what any street type jerk would do ...try to bushwhack a friend & confidant. No wonder people don't like you....you have a pathological need to be right at all costs. Why is that? Have you even asked yourself? What depth of insecurity could you possibly have that would cause such animosity. Well only you can answer that. I only wish I had seen it.... what others saw that caused them to shy away. You dont play well with others..... or is it a need to win at all costs? In any event.... I would ask only one thing of you & thats to stay far away from me, I dont do well around the self absorbed.

#78 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Earth, Wind & Fire
    Well touche Iconoclast.... LOL

I have posted on things that you have openly posted on.here for example from post #45;
    Yes...EWF...let all the bitterness come out,it might be therapeutic for you:wavey:

I do not have to,you just did:thumbs:

I did not reject all out of hand,I answered them.You flew off the handle and reacted in a bizarre fashion...let me illustrate-

You asked about the Sovereign Grace Church which held to a New Covenant theology.....you asked about it.
    I answered they will hold to the 5 pts but they will deny the 4th commandment....so you need to know that in advance.....

When the pastor wanted you to attend a new members class you told him you did not want to be "indoctrinated " into his beliefs so forget it, you were not going there???
    You making that choice does not equate to me rejecting it out of hand.

You went to a Dutch Reformed Church....same thing...Attend our new members class......no....you are trying to indoctrinate me???

The purpose of the class is to let you know what they hold to, so you do not come in and undermine the ministry and it is clear these classes are doing what they are meant to.

If I walk into a Presbyterian Church and then tell them.....No infant sprinkling for me.....what is the point of that??

I would go to the Arminian baptist church before I would not attend any church until I could find a better solution. I
    would go to any of these churches and not undermine them or go in with a chip on my shoulder.

Why Trinity? For years it has been a godly church. Pastor Chanski is as solid a Pastor as you will find. The people are solid and biblical, very hospitable. I doubt anyone visits there and is not invited to a home for an afternoon meal and fellowship. The first time I visit I had four invitations to peoples homes before I hung up my coat.
    When you go to one of the homes, the conversation is biblical as they observe the Lord's day. Gossip, slander, and talebearing are not tolerated as the people are biblically instructed and accountable to the eldership.
    Some people do not like being accountable,so they might not want to travel there.
    I travelled 1.5 -2 hours to get there...each way with cars that are not new, so no excuse there.

You make excuses.....I got all "pouty and sullen".....in your mind maybe:laugh:

Ah.....a friend and confidant???? let me see....
    I do not friends that if i do not agree on something with, that means That they speak of me in this way; I have no "friends " who say this about me-

In the "airs" thread in Post 33 I said this to you:

You did not respond to any scripture offered instead you avoided them with
    And for that here is what I get from you;

I said this;
    You still have not replied to the scripture there.
    Instead it went to this which we have now.....

1]
    2]
    I answered you in post 42 and three times asked you for scripture to support your ideas.

3]
    4]
    5]
    This after you have never responded to any one scripture
    6]
    7]
    8]
    9]
    10]
    11]
    12]
    13]
    14]
    15]
    Which of these were the friendly comments?
    EWF....I am not quite seeing the friendliness of these comments:laugh:

Nope..that is not what I call a biblical friend.

You mention that many times we spoke in PM.....if I am so bad, why did you speak to me so many times? When I agreed with you...that was okay... but when I post something you do not like...I am all these things???? Got it...lol.

#79 Iconoclast, Apr 17, 2013
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come, Come Tony, :) we are not about to begin another discussion on this again are we? I have read your commentary & you've read mine, so you should know where we both stand.

But just in case you have missed it, I will ask you once more not to engage in any more conversation with me as I have no particular desire to dialog with you. This should have been evident last night, but since you appear to have missed it, I ask again.

#80 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 17, 2013