1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Website check

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by ScottEmerson, Oct 10, 2003.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Anyone want to take the role of a critic? I've become the Interim Student Minister at my church, and along with the transition comes a different website look. Anyone who wants to offer any kind of criticism, please do so!

Here is the address to the page:

http://www.fiveseventeen.org/betaedge.html

Thanks, everyone!

2. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well done, Scott. Too often church Websites look like they were designed by the Flinstones (or is that Flintstones?) and are about as up-to-date. This looks sharp and gives necessary information in a concise form. [​IMG]

3. LauraB

LauraB New Member

I thought it was well thought out and informative. I didn't care for the layout, but the navigation was easy enough.

Colors were harsh, and I didn't know I was on a church website.

But I did like it! Thumbs up! [​IMG]
    Now if you want you may go cretique mine...( I am sure I spelled that word wrong! )
    MY WEBSITE

4. ScottEmerson

Yeah - the colors are a bit harsh, but it's what the kids like. Our T-shirt matches it, and our youth room will soon be painted those colors. How do you think I could soften the colors?

5. LauraB

LauraB New Member

Scott,

If it is a color that is representing something then I say leave it there. I was just wondering why you would use Green and Orange! Especially for a church website. But, please don't take my critisism wrong. My ideas I do not expect to be others ideas.
    But you have your information there, the picture page is very nice. I like the flash of the pictures you used. Nice touch there. I may use that Idea on mine.
    The navagation was simple which I have learned people do like simple. This is my 2nd prfessional website for this church and I have learned through other people's critisism. ;)
    They will tell you what they like and dislike.
    I feel it is user friendly.
    Only thing I didn't like about it is it didn't look like a church website. But if you are trying to attract teens, then that was a good idea.
    Teens do not like traditional, elequent. etc...

My suggestion is to put something on there for people who visit to leave their comments about what they liked, or disliked, and maybe what they may like to see on your site in the future.

May God bless you and your church.
    Nice work Scott! [​IMG]

6. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I help with my church's site here in Hawaii. Actually, I need to update a couple of sections. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.obchurch.org

John

7. LauraB

LauraB New Member

John,

ALOHA! Great site!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you had a guest book I would have signed it! You can get one free at Bravenet.com

The picture pages were great.The whole site was very informative, and very warm and personable!!! That's what I like in a church. I would want to come to your church!

Keep up the good work.. [​IMG]

Laura B

P.S. I like the music you picked out for your pages.
    Mine is not completed yet. The other site I had I had trouble with my host and had to find a new host, and rebuild my site over from scratch so I am still in the process of building it. But I do like the old time gospel songs!!

8. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laura, not to be critical, but I checked your church's website and the first thing that jumps out is that independent is misspelled. I'm sure it's an oversight, but thought you might want to correct that. I thought the site was very thorough in information presented and very accessible.

9. LauraB

LauraB New Member

PastorGreg,

Yes it was an oversite. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It has already been taken care of.. [​IMG]

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laura, no real criticism here...I couldn't read the menu items on the left side very well. Probably just me, what with me getting old and all.... [​IMG]

11. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Scott I thought your site looked great. I have not tried my hand at flash yet but I hope to real soon. LauraB I truly enjoyed your site also.

I recently created a site for a church and would love to have someone critique it. It has someone singing on it so if you have a slow internet connection the music is most likely going to skip a little.

Church Site

GB

12. LauraB

LauraB New Member

GB,

Your site was nice.... The singing was a nice touch.

Hey, we are all working to get the word out right! [​IMG]

13. ScottEmerson

Hey, it's cool! I'm going to add something underneath the FIVESEVENTEEN on Monday that says, "The Student Ministry at FBC, Ocala." I agree that it is important for people to immediately tell that it is a church site.

As far of the colors, if you do have an opinion on how to soften the green and orange, I am more than open for suggestions, from anyone here.

This is a rough draft, and I'll be doing a whole lot more to make all of the components "fit."

Thanks for your help and your encouragement!

14. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

That's absolutely right LauraB. [​IMG]

15. TheCross

TheCross New Member

Nice sites all. Ok I have my churches site and another churches site I have designed I would love critque on.

My Church

Other Church

Thanks in advance all.

TC [​IMG]

16. LauraB

LauraB New Member

TC,

The site you did for the other church was very nice! Personable and warm. Navagation was easy! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your church, was also nice. Kinda drab and cold though. But the information was there. That is what counts in the end.
    Keep up the good work, you really are doing a great service! [​IMG]

17. Justified

Justified New Member

LauraB,

It is something when I sent an e-mail to your church website, to remove all pictures of my remaining family from your church website, and now find that one of my childrens pictures are still on it.

PLEASE REMOVE IT!

Sincerely,
    Justified :D

18. LauraB

LauraB New Member

YOU TELL ME WHERE AND IT WILL BE GONE!
    I carefully put the new site together and I remember you asking me not to put any up and if one slipped by I do apologize. I will go and look again.

Now if we are talking about "N" then sorry you have no control over that picture!!

19. LauraB

LauraB New Member

I saw the pictures you were talking about and it has been taken care of!

20. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

I personally know that your church is not KJV1611, either. So why do you advertise it as so?