1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Website to burn a virtual candle.

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Vin, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Vin

Vin New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new here to this board and this is my first post. [​IMG] .
    One of the main reasons I registered myself here is that I was looking for a big christian forum where I can talk with other christians and also improve my English.
    Another reason is that I want to introduce a new site that I build with my brother.

It is a site where people can burn a virtual candle. Of course it is moderated.
    We develloped it for three reasons :
    1) We wanted to give people the opportunity to burn a candle, even when the can't make it to church. The candle will stay there for 24h.
    2) It's a unique chance for (christian) people to share a message with the world, God, loved ones and that in just a single click...
    3) You can express your mental support to people who have difficulties somewhere in the world.

Please don't be frightened by it's looks, I did my best to represent a church as good as possible :D .
    If the concept works and I get a lot questions to change it, I will change it.

And indeed, there is a donate button, but this is only to improve the site NOT to enrich myrself.
    So, you CAN pay, but you DON'T HAVE to!

I only pray that that people will use it so that we get a nice altar with lots of candles.
    It gives me the feeling that I have done something good for the people...

If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to let me know.

You can visit it at Burnacandle

Thank you. [​IMG]

2. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

The site you built is very much like the Catholic religion. Is that what it is suppose to be?

Catholics believe that you need to burn a candle for a dead loved one and pray for them to get out of pergetory. The bible says differnt. No where in teh bible does it mention anything about pergetory. It mentions two places. Heaven and hell. There is no inbetween.

I have a suggestion and or recommendation.
    If you really want to do something good for people. Learn about salvation. Get saved yourself and go out and be a good witness for God and lead others the Lord so they can also have ETERNAL LiFE. They don't need a candle, they need the Lord Jesus Christ!

I also suggest the moderator take the link to this site off this board.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting website, would you like to share with us the purpose of burning candles in relation to Christianity? I am not knocking you, I would like to know why you feel it is important?

I think that there are some Baptist Churches that do burn candles on special occassions that are based around a liturgical form of worship.