1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wedding feast parable

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by BroChris, Nov 18, 2002.

1. BroChris

BroChris Member

I have a great Sunday School class. We're doing a study right now through the parables in Matthew. Yesterday we were on the wedding feast found in Matt. 22:1-14.

I haven't looked into this yet, but our Sunday school teacher found a commentary which said that it was custom for the person who was throwing the wedding feast to provide wedding garments for those who attend. If this is true, we learned some very cool stuff from this parable, that possibly shows the relationship between God's election and man's responsibility and free will.

I don't want to read anything into the parable, but might Jesus have been pointing out that God elects, but man still accepts/rejects of his own volition?

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Personally, my first leaning is to the inclusion of Gentiles to the kingdom. However, verse 14 is interesting - many are called, but only a few are chosen. I'd be interested in hearing interpretations of vv. 11-13.

SEC