1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Welcome to the Other Religions/Doctrines forum of the Baptist Board!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Clint Kritzer, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Other Christian Denominations Forum

Welcome!

You have entered one of the hottest forums on the Baptist Board! I’m sure that just about everyone has heard the cliché that one does not talk about politics or religion in mixed company. This forum tends to demonstrate why.

As co-moderator of this forum, I tend to be rather light handed and often lurk only in the shadows. If I were too heavy handed, the forum would lose its purpose. Therefore some topics may degenerate rather quickly. It is my opinion that it would be unreasonable to think that the nature of the debates presented here would always remain civil, given the fact that we are all “earnestly contending for the faith.” I do ask, though, that all participants take a moment to read the posting rules of our site at this link: http://www.baptistboard.com/postingrules.html If you are a registered and logged in member, please feel free to report obvious violations by using the report post feature at the bottom of an offending post. [​IMG]

Having said that, I am posting this as a reminder to our participants. Christ told us in Matthew 5:14-16 that we are like the lights of a city on a hill. The world around us can view us from far off without our even knowing it. Perhaps nowhere is this more the case than on the internet. This board is read by hundreds of people a day, most of them non-members, many of them atheist or non-Christians. Our conduct and demeanor are the only Gospel that some of our lurkers may ever receive. With this in mind, it is our duty to conduct ourselves in such a way as to bring honor to our Savior.

All participants in this forum are Christian, though we hail from a variety of denominations. To find a member’s denominational affiliation, simply click the profile icon at the top of their post. [​IMG] This may help the reader better understand the poster's position in a debate and the function can be used by even unregistered readers.

So dive in! The water’s choppy, sometimes cold, sometimes hot, rarely tepid, and full of piranha and sharks, but for all its faults, this forum is possibly the single most educational on the site and has proven to be an excellent training ground for aspiring apologists.

Your servant in Christ,

Clint Kritzer

#1 Clint Kritzer, May 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As a frequent poster on this area of the mesaage board I would like to add a note of sincere gratitude and appreciation for the work done here by the Baptist Board administrators as well as deep appreciation for the mission and vision of this board as Clint has stated it here.

I am also deeply grateful for the depth of Bible insight and wisdom that can be found in the posts of many who post on this section of the board.

May God bless this group both those who dig in to the material for the various subjects in focus and those who read with an unbiased objective heart seeking to discover new truths in God's Word.

(Not sure if Clint meant to keep this thread unlocked and open to posting -- but since I had the chance to add my two cents...)

in Christ,

Bob

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dear Klint Kritzer,

You posted this in 2001 - today is the first time I read it! Thank you for it. It came as a timely reminder for me, to stay a Christian always - even while participating on this forum. Sometimes - too often, I cannot forgive myself for having said something that better could have been said in a better way or best could have remained unsaid. Sometimes I don't know how else to get my point across than in my 'bad' way, being of limited intelectual potential to do it another or better way. Therefore please forgive but please do not ignore, my posts!?

4. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Sincere thanks to the owners, staff, and administrators of BB for giving the rest of us a chance to get in on the fun. The site is nicely done. I appreciate the open door.

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yup! ... you weren't kidding. Feels like I stuck my head in a fire storm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.