1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Well the land of fruits and nuts is up to it again.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Sep 17, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wisdom Seeker, the fastest way to find out just about anything is to type your question directly into your address bar and hit enter. I found dozens of sites listing voter registration figures. Here's a quick answer.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/05/10/MN34283.DTL

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/news/state/2654899.htm

I typed in "What percentage of registered voters in California are Democrats?"

Diane

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think ANYONE who lives in California is a nut! [​IMG]

And ANYONE who lives in Wyoming is nuttier than they are! [​IMG]

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Boiled, please! [​IMG]

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think ANYONE who lives in California is a nut! [​IMG]

And ANYONE who lives in Wyoming is nuttier than they are! [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well I agree, I think Ky is the best pace to live.
    LOL [​IMG]

5. Chris1984

Chris1984 New Member

in californa christians are the fruits because the good book says "you shall know them by their fruits" haha lame i know stop rolling ur eyes and just move on [​IMG]

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Since you were addressing me, I have to wonder if your having a hard time staying on topic. </font>[/QUOTE]Your funny, you'r not wondering. I am having a hard time. And so my dear are you. What was the subject anyway?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Diane , Diane, Diane...I did that on my address bar, I did it on my home page search engine, ...I did that for an hour. I did it on Yahoo, I did it on Google, I even Asked Jeeves. I did not get an answer here, I did not get an answer there, I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am. [​IMG]

But seriously, thank you for the links. And to think that an hour of my life is gone forever. When I could have just asked you.

Rather than post yet another post...I want to split this one between two people...okay?

Helen ...don't you think that's weird how a lot of the candidates are voting "no" on the recall, and telling us to too, and yet they are running for governor? Seems to send a mixed message don't you think? Personally I think Bustamonte (sp?) being the liutenent governor was part of the authority structure that got us in this mess in the first place. I'm really surprised that so many people are thinking of voting for him. But considering how much of his platform is about making the quality of life better for the hispanic population, legal and illegal, it's not a complete surprise. No one else running (that I know of) is addressing these issues. And that's what a lot of voters are concerned with.

Did you read all those candidate statements? Knowing you I bet you got farther than I did. I spent a few hours and I think I read a little over half. Did you see the one that said " I breathe"? How about that 25 year old girl that said that the problems of California are because the older generation messed things up? Yeah right, that's a reason to elect her.

With people saying such wild stuff, I just have to laugh when people on this board get so indignant about Arnold Schwartzenegger running. I like him as an actor, always have. But there are a few candidates who seem to be more for small businesses and other things that are sorely lacking in this state. Repealing the DMV registration tax hike. Etc.

God bless you all....I'm going to go spend some time trying to get through those other candidate statements. Just in case this thing goes through.

Ooops, I mean split it between three....

And to Donna , Yes Tennessee is a nice place to live. I'm glad you like it there. My brother in law and my brother live there. (not together of course) It sure is pretty. [​IMG]

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then, from now on, I'll be happy to refer to you as such, since you don't seem to mind.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Since you were addressing me, I have to wonder if your having a hard time staying on topic. </font>[/QUOTE]Your funny, you'r not wondering. I am having a hard time. And so my dear are you. What was the subject anyway?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Subject?
    Did we have one of those lol :D
    I forgot

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

You Californians do not have the corner on "Fruit and Nuts" !!!

(Whatever state Blackbird lives in - has a couple of nuts also!!! :rolleyes: )

Seriously - New York State also has its share of fruit and nuts.

Our state has a republican governor, its senate has a majority of republicans, and its assembly has a majority of democrats. Prior to a republican governor (about 10 years) - we had 20 years of democrat governors.

Nothing ever gets done. I cannot remember the last time we had a state budget on time. For the last 10 years - its been the democrats fault - for the previous 20 years it was the republicans fault.

The truth is - there isn't a dimes bit of difference between most republicans and democrats. They just like to argue with each other and raise taxes.

But I am enjoying the political bickering going on in California at the moment. It kind of leaves the nine - oops - the ten dwarfs out of the news for a while - and there isn't a dwarf among them that Snow White wants to take to the ball!!!

From the land of East Coast Fruit and Nuts,
    Dan

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Look at Georgia! Atlanta is now called the 'Homosexual Capital of the South' and we've gone the likes of Jane Fonda, Ted Turner and baptist (little b intended) churches that embrace homosexuality! California has nothing on us!

Diane

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

We often say we don't want nobody's trash---but last I checked--Mississippi's trash is just like Georgia's trash which is just like California's!! All 50 have it and are pilin' it on big time!!

Blackbird