1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Welsh phone salesman amazes Crowd

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by NiteShift, Apr 14, 2008.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

This may be old stuff, but was new to me. Watch the video of this talented guy.

LINK

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I didn't understand a word he sang and don't usually enjoy songs I can't understand, but that man has a fantastic voice. Actually, I've never liked opera, but that man has a talent. As a singer myself of gospel music, it didn't take long to recognize that he has great potential and could go far with that voice.

I saw the look on one judge's face that showed doubt that he would be worth hearing, and he blew them all away and received a standing ovation. There were many shedding tears, and I have to admit that even my eyes got misty hearing such a great voice and seeing the response he got from the people. I would have enjoyed it more had I been able to understand the words, but I realize that for some reason opera is never done in English.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Potts went on the won last year.

Have a look at this one from Saturday night.

#3 NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I don't know anything about opera either, and I doubt the audience did. But what a good singer he is.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

WOW! What a voice from a 13-year-old! I was wowed by the man, but this boy is just as good--and only 13!. Actually, he looks like a younger version of the man.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For some reason or another classic grand opera bypassed the English language. However, we have contributed, Gilbert and Sullivan operettas and the Broadway musical to the musical stage. I'd put up Rogers and Hammerstein (South Pacific) against Verdi for entertainment value.

'Sides, the opera libritists were able to mine Shakespere for some of their work.